Nauce sauce
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Re: Lighter Camaro??

Sack the F up.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Flintstone mod FTW!

Comment

so. who won the rayce?

Comment

Why is there a y in race?

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
              Why is there a y in race?

sounded cooler and i was just emphasizing on some stupidity or something.

Comment

To me this exercise does not sound worthwhile. To do all of this work, for one race? Just race him and have fun. If he wins, well.... He has a much newer car that has 70 more horsepower. It's an apples to oranges comparison thing.

If you were planning to race people all the time, then sure, I could see modding the car and investing in nitrous, tuning, etc. But not for one race.

If you race him and keep up, even if you don't actually win, that's a testament to your car and your driving, and/or his car's shortcomings and/or his lack of driving skill.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, if you totally strip your car down to nothing and still get your rear handed to you, then you'll really look stupid, because it will look like you really tried to do everything to beat him and still lost. The most I would do is pull the spare and race on a nearly empty tank. That's probably 100 lbs right there and it's easy to put back. And if it's nice out leave the T-Tops at home. You'll look cool and it's a few more pounds lost.
                Last edited by Rob Bell; 09-21-2011, 09:20 AM.
                2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell View Post
                  To me this exercise does not sound worthwhile. To do all of this work, for one race? Just race him and have fun. If he wins, well.... He has a much newer car that has 70 more horsepower. It's an apples to oranges comparison thing.

If you were planning to race people all the time, then sure, I could see modding the car and investing in nitrous, tuning, etc. But not for one race.

If you race him and keep up, even if you don't actually win, that's a testament to your car and your driving, and/or his car's shortcomings and/or his lack of driving skill.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, if you totally strip your car down to nothing and still get your rear handed to you, then you'll really look stupid, because it will look like you really tried to do everything to beat him and still lost. The most I would do is pull the spare and race on a nearly empty tank. That's probably 100 lbs right there and it's easy to put back. And if it's nice out leave the T-Tops at home. You'll look cool and it's a few more pounds lost.
                  Aerodynamics much? T-tops off would be worse for him.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

He can just duct tape some cardboard in place of them.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                      Aerodynamics much? T-tops off would be worse for him.
                      I doubt the speeds he would hit it would make a difference for him to be honest...I know if he races at a track though they will boot him off without a top.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

50 shot + 4.10 gears - that's the recipe for killing those V6 rice-burners.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                          I doubt the speeds he would hit it would make a difference for him to be honest...I know if he races at a track though they will boot him off without a top.
                          It would be enough to affect a 90mph trap speed. Most def, no track would let you do that without having all the convertible safety equipment in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                            It would be enough to affect a 90mph trap speed. Most def, no track would let you do that without having all the convertible safety equipment in place.
                            Even with convertible safety equiptment in place...over here you can't even have your windows cracked open, and you certainly can't run with your top down.

And it might effect it at 90mph, but how much? more so than the weight that was taken off? I think both (lack of weight/aerodynamics caused by removal) would be so negligable they would offset themselves.

Although I remember someone who was really big on bicycles telling me that the nipples on the tires can add somethign rediculous like a 30% drag to a bike...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

What about nipples?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Definitely take the nipples off of your tires then.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X