Lighter Camaro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lighter Camaro??

Cut out the exhaust and run open manifolds! Power AND weight.

Comment

Spare tire, jack, sail panels, seats, radio/speakers, carpet, and anything you can see to take out, thats about all I can think of. BUT- you can bolt on an instant 100hp thanks to our little friend nitrous. Just like 2.8 bird said, you can bolt on a wet shot, no fuel pump upgrade required, little to no tuning since the fuel is mixed with it. Since you only need it for the race, you wont need to worry about window switches or anything, just spray and pray when you get to a comfortable RPM in a good gear.

before i ruin my integrity, none of that is safe, and you risk blowing up your car...but its do able.
      Last edited by flamingchicken; 09-13-2011, 01:07 AM.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ed2011 View Post
          So my car needs to shed some pounds. Preferably at least 700 lbs :/. So i was wondering what needs to come out? Spare tire of course, dash board, headliner, back seat(s), any more ideas??
          Your going to need to pull the hood, back hatch and doors for starters.

Comment

Go get a crotchrocket, light weight and fast. Problem solved.
            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

bottle

Comment

Sorry bud, but this entire thread is really pointless. And weight reduction isn't appearance.
                #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Your face isn't appearance.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
                    Sorry bud, but this entire thread is really pointless. And weight reduction isn't appearance.
                    Appereance? ima taking off the bumper supports are also coming of as well as windshield wipers reservoir, and probably coolant reservoir...

And stock internals plus bottle doesnt sound like a very good idea... Im just going to take the loss and this weekend ima order headers, rocker arms, lifters, valve springs, camshaft, get a dyno tune and ask for a rematch in about 2 months ://

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
                      X2 this should be Gen. Tech., my car is around 2900lbs but its taking alot to drop it there,alot of weight reduction including a Tub. front end, and even light weight carpet front 15" Prostars Etc.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

you got lightweight carpet? lol what is it made of cotton candy?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firebirddrvr View Post
                          you got lightweight carpet? lol what is it made of cotton candy?
                          My interior was graphite so when I redid it , I went with black, its still carpet just not with all the sound deadening matrial , you be amazed how much the factory carpet weighs.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ed2011 View Post
                            And stock internals plus bottle doesnt sound like a very good idea... Im just going to take the loss and this weekend ima order headers, rocker arms, lifters, valve springs, camshaft, get a dyno tune and ask for a rematch in about 2 months ://
                            Small 75hp shot with the right equipment is perfectly fine on a stock internal car. Don't get greedy or stupid with it and it won't bite you back. Go bigger than that and you'll start breaking stuff.

If you get a cam, you don't need rockers. I'd recommend an Abbott NA cam if that's all you plan on doing. I ran rockers with my cam because of the condition mine were in.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                              My interior was graphite so when I redid it , I went with black, its still carpet just not with all the sound deadening matrial , you be amazed how much the factory carpet weighs.
                              Amen, mass backing adds a ton of weight. The carpet itself weighs almost nothing compared to the sound deadener stuck on the back.

Moving to Gen Tech.
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

ya the damn thing weighs atleast 50 lbs...I'm debating going with lexan rear hatch glass next year...they make a drop in glass for like 350$...not too bad.

I still need to get around to tearing the entire dash out and cutting away all the wires I don't need since everything in the car is manual...I know there is damn power window and door lock harnesses all taped up somewhere... I think I read somewhere you can loose 20 lbs just in wireing alone.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X