My turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    Take my hat off to you for doing it, knowing that you're going to end up hurting yourself.

Thanks Edgar, yeah if I had extra money I’d just have the mobile mechanic do it or my cousins husband. But don’t right now still saving for my knee surgery next month, depending how long I’m under the total is going to be $300-$500 for the surgery. Then physical therapy once a week for 6 months about $200 a month. Then the gas driving 45 miles one way, there’s another $200 a month. But I do enjoy working on my vehicles just the downside is hurting awhile after. I think I’ll try lifting again next week.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Finally got under it, oil under the oil pressure filter housing and below the balancer. No signs of the dye so just brake cleaned it all down. Will run it a couple days and look again.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Checked the drip pan I put underneath, 1 drop of oil , I’ll take it out this week and run it and see if there’s any large leaks. My cold start has gone away the past 2 months so that’s good.

Comment

• Haven’t had time to find the leak on the Camaro, been doing tests for my knee surgery coming up and been working on my truck since it’s my DD. It’s a stumper, my cousin and the mobile mechanic can’t figure it out . All started with replacing the spark plug wires. I replaced them but didn’t get a couple on right and had some PO300 misfire codes finally got them on right but it’s not running right and it’s not showing any codes.

Comment

• How about the injectors.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              How about the injectors.
              replaced number 2 injector about 2 years ago, it threw the injector code for number 2 so pretty easy. It has full throttle runs great. A/c on makes the stumble worse. I have a spare set of plug wires so going to install tomorrow.

Comment

• Ran some seafoam and 91 octane ( highest you can get at the pump in Az) 100 octane comes in 5 gallon can for over $50 so around $10 a gallon. See if it helps. Got a new TPS sensor and spark plugs on the way. Might check the coils, doing a new tranny filer after September 12th.

Comment

• Got some good runs in 70 mile runs and a 90 round trip run. Still no codes, between 60-70 mph runs great. Then 40-50 mph has slight stumble. Coming up to lights and sitting I can feel it stumble and watch the rpm’s go up and down. Talked to the mobile mechanic today he said next Wednesday or Thursday. Going to do plugs and wires and tranny filter and go on from there.

Comment

• Found the problem with the truck, 7 out of 8 plug wire boots were burned through, will test it tomorrow but so far so good.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Was it too close to the exhaust manifold?

Were you able to figure out that stumbling issue. How does the car feel.

Comment

• No nothing touching the wires. Taylor 10.4mm performance wires $100 Replaced with 10mm wires straight boot . Ran the truck to the dump , up and down the mountain this morning, runs perfect. No stumbling or hesitation. Now I can get back to my Camaro oil leak. Weather is perfect to take it out , 60 degrees morning and night, 70 degrees in the afternoon.

Comment

• I think because I first put the wires on truck I didn’t get some all the way on and it misfired coming up the mountain. Then the mechanic put them on right and no code’s just the hesitation at certain speeds. Drove it for another 2-3 weeks until he just did the wires again .that’s when he found the burnt wires. I had him replace the plugs too thankfully since the wires were burnt. No codes with the burnt wires. Pretty strange, they may have been burnt from the initial installation.

Comment

• Well got in the Camaro finally to start it up, can’t get my left leg in to drive it though. Weather is perfect so really excited to take it out. Get the stitches out tomorrow and have physical therapy. My neighbor on the other street bought a older Chevy drag truck 650 wrhp runs 10’s not street legal. Awesome truck, I’ll see if I can get pics of it next time I’m over there.

Comment

• Finally got my left leg in the Camaro, tight fit but got it in, I think another week should be able to take it out.

Comment

• Wait, what happened to your leg?

What kind of setup does he have on that truck. Yeah, I had neighbor who had a s10 V6 with a nice turbo.set up awhile back. It's a carb/injection setup.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X