• Show
Clear All

Re: Birth of my True Duals!!!

Originally posted by Fireball27
    Sweet, post up clips asap
    no doubt!! lol

Comment

my exhuast sounds better from the outside too, it might be the sweet thunder, i dont really know honestly.

get pics ASAP bud.

it'll probally pop ALOT for a while when you let off the gas, mine did so im sure your's probally will too. it'll get quiter too BTW, not a real lot, but a little.
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Here ya go have fun with them!!!!

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f1.../True%20Duals/

Comment

Sound clips!
          1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

you did all that and no headers
            whats wrong with a cat back?

-Y87
            Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

I'll get clips up soon I need my friend camera. I love the sound of start up and when it idles and even when I rev it, it sounds great but when I drive it if I go over 2.5k or 3k it sounds ricy like airboat ricy and it LOUD. Mom doesnt think so or my bro but I do and alot of my friends think so too but they love the start up. Is it the piping? maybe turbulence in the H pipe or the chambers in the mufflers. All I know I dont like it at all when I accelerate. Now when I cruise it sounds great again only when I acelerate it gets ricy. You all then this will be gone with age?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean_99_3.8
                you did all that and no headers
                whats wrong with a cat back?

I had a high flow car and 80 flowmaster liked it but wanted something different.

Comment

Headers will improve the sound quite a bit.

You are running basically straight through mufflers. It's not going to sound near as good as chambered mufflers.
                  1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

v6's sounds ricey no matter what with an aftermarket exhaust. imo the only way to get them to sound like a v8 is by making them powerful. do some headers, and it will improve.
                    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                    2006 S60- Sold
                    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
                      v6's sounds ricey no matter what with an aftermarket exhaust. imo the only way to get them to sound like a v8 is by making them powerful. do some headers, and it will improve.
                      but i was told free flowing v6's=raspy

-Y87
                      Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by Sean_99_3.8
                        but i was told free flowing v6's=raspy
                        really free flowing anything will cause some rasp, more noticable in us v6 guys of course.

i think what he meant by " more powerful " was, full exhuast, intake, heads and a cam will make it sound 100% better and not raspy nearly as much.
                        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

So you all like it IM hoping in two weeks the accelerating sound will get better for a clip but I will have a started reving and idle one up soon!!!! get ready for the :drool: ---ness

Comment

I think some of you have VERY loose definitions of ricey... like anything thats not a v8=ricey. Which is a load of crap. I've got a 80 series, and people say "ooh well those sound ricey in the top end" and what a bunch of bull$hit that is.

I'm sure your car sounds as good as it looks 'Milk :)

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                            R.I.P. '07 Pats
                            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

A lot of winding pipes I see , but all in all it look like a clean fabrication. Congrads! I cant wait to hear what she soudns like.
                              01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
                              AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
                              www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
                              www.vaperz.com
                              PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
                                A lot of winding pipes I see , but all in all it look like a clean fabrication. Congrads! I cant wait to hear what she soudns like.
                                yea, thats the only bad part. thats why orginally i told him to put the muffler's in the " I " pipes, and have the rear section just like a rumbler/loudmouth but they ran into clearance issue's.

90* bends suck but thats what you have to do some times, i belive the GMMG is routed the same way ( and pretty much the same muffflers too )

EDIT : the Bassani true dual exhuast for the ls1 is the same way:

the GMMG is also the same way in the back:

Last edited by loser; 03-24-2007, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X