Birth of my True Duals!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth of my True Duals!!!

As some of you know I have been talking about this sence later November. So this Thursday 7:30am the start of the work making the true duals will begin and probably be done at the end of the day:banana: !!!!! This past Monday the only thing that we had trouble with was finding where to make the piping after the driver side cat cross over to run down the drive shaft with the other pipe becasue of clearance and gas lines, well we found a spot and we are going to play with the sizing of the pipe from the manifold to the I pipes so I dont crush it. Sorry if all that was confusing. I'll take tons of pics. And a big thanks to loser for helping me with this whole thing. For right the plan is:

*Two- 2.25" Sweet thunder mufflers. Staggered in the I pipes
    *Two- 2.25" Magnaflow Hiflow cats.
    *Both pipes before the I-pipes are going to be 2" to the Tubular manifolds
    *Both pipes I-pipes and back to the tail pipes are going to be 2.25"

Re: Birth of my True Duals!!!

hmm..sounds cool, I want to know how it looks and how it sounds. 4.5" is quite a bit of space for the exhaust to travel, so the velocity isn't going to be the greatest, but i'm sure you know that. Good luck with that, pics for sure!
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i gotta hear this
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

You do know they have true duals already built for the V6 Camaro. Good luck!

Comment

Get us pics!!!! Hurry!

Sounds cool!

I've heard a LS1 with true duals. Sounded cool.
          MSN: inynn666@hotmail.com<br />1996 Arctic white -3800-<br />Pacesetter Headers & Y-Pipe, CAI, LS1 Dual Exhaust, LS1 Driveshaft<br />*15.17 @ 95MPH*

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSV6
            Get us pics!!!! Hurry!

Sounds cool!

I've heard a LS1 with true duals. Sounded cool.
            LS1 5.7L V8 vs the 3.4 or 3.8 V6s= BIG difference:spank:

Comment

Originally posted by 00FlowCamaro

like, a kit?

Comment

and?? its been done before.
                2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

Umm "link" I have yet to hear, seen anything like this.

Comment

not that I know of, theres a few for the ls1. i guess you can adapt thm, but they'd be way too much pipe for us.

glad i could help, your'll love those muffler's i promise.
                    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by redbird00
                      and?? its been done before.
                      only two people have done it and posted, one of which took it off right off install. the other is cammed and i belive he still has it on. its alot different than 99% of the exhuast's people have on these cars.
                      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                        hmm..sounds cool, I want to know how it looks and how it sounds. 4.5" is quite a bit of space for the exhaust to travel, so the velocity isn't going to be the greatest, but i'm sure you know that. Good luck with that, pics for sure!
                        :bs:

2.25" true duals have the same cross-section size as a single 3.18" setup would.

Please do take pics. I plan on doing TDs when summer starts. :tup:

Edit: Also Jordan (Blacksport) did run true duals, X pipe, Borla XR-1s (if I recall correctly). He also was cammed and it did sound pretty good. There are videos.
                        1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 98 3.8
                          :bs:

2.25" true duals have the same cross-section size as a single 3.18" setup would.

Please do take pics. I plan on doing TDs when summer starts. :tup:

Edit: Also Jordan (Blacksport) did run true duals, X pipe, Borla XR-1s (if I recall correctly). He also was cammed and it did sound pretty good. There are videos.

thank god someone posted that.

2.5" true duals does NOT equal a single 5" cat back. 2.25 true duals does NOT equal a 4.5" cat back, ect. thats not how it works at all.

98 3.8 is right about flowing basicly like a 3" cat back. then if you add in, 2 cats, and 2 mufflers, that drops it again. IMO 2.25" is the perfect size for true duals on our cars.

jordan was one of the 2 i was thinking of, i belive it was 2.5". and it did sound pretty good, but he was indeed cammed so its hard to tell what gotmilk's car will sound like from listening to jordans clips.

Comment

Yeah that's one of the reasons I'm really looking forward to hearing how this sounds. I'll be doing the TDs before my cam probably...but I do have a GT2 (Jordan's old one actually ) that is sitting under my bed. :)
                            Last edited by 98 3.8; 03-21-2007, 07:50 PM.
                            1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Originally posted by loser
                              thank god someone posted that.
                              Thats what i was thinking. Some of you folks need to relearn your geometry.

Anyway, i wait on this with baited breath... if it sounds good i might switch over :naughty:

(also, how much is this costing you?)

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                              R.I.P. '07 Pats
                              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X