Birth of my True Duals!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Birth of my True Duals!!!

Well he told me piping alone 400, two muffler and cats are 200. So 600 and there is still the labor. But the way I look at it is that I could do headers, Borla catback, High flow cat, and labor for about the same. I can hardly wait!!! By the way I am going to have it be a H pipe even though the two I-pipes with mufflers staggered will be close. It will add to the sound no matter how little the connecting pipe is.

Comment

Originally posted by gotchocmilk39
      Well he told me piping alone 400, two muffler and cats are 200. So 600 and there is still the labor. But the way I look at it is that I could do headers, Borla catback, High flow cat, and labor for about the same. I can hardly wait!!! By the way I am going to have it be a H pipe even though the two I-pipes with mufflers staggered will be close. It will add to the sound no matter how little the connecting pipe is.
      $400 for the pipes alone?!?! :eek: they better be gold plated...

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Its all aluminiumised steel and it guaranteed for all long as you own the car.

Comment

Its all aluminiumised steel and it guaranteed for all long as you own the car.
          400 is what you should pay for stainless, not aluminized. That stuff is dirt cheap.
          1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

But this was just an estimate I'll let you all know what everything came out to be.

Comment

But this was just an estimate I'll let you all know what everything came out to be.
              Dude they'll never go lower than what they quote you.....

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                Dude they'll never go lower than what they quote you.....
                this is true

Comment

yeah i always end up paying a little more than the quote
                  Last edited by Chevy16; 03-22-2007, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy16
                    yeah i always pay a little more than the quote
                    What... like you tip them or something?

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

no, what i meant was they always charge me more than they quote

Comment

there have been others with true duals. I have seen one setup personally and he posted it. I think he sold his car though.
                        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by 98 3.8
                          :bs:

2.25" true duals have the same cross-section size as a single 3.18" setup would.
                          Dangit, you're right, I wasn't thinking at the time i posted that.

I'll wear the dunce cap :(
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Sound clips when finished!!! Clips or BAN!
                            1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Ok so I didnt get online last night, stayed with Jeff till 9:00 to finish it , he let me help the whole time even though he doesnt with anyone else. Looks great I have no clearance problems at all. The system doesnt move and sorry the labor was 400 the piping was less than a 100 and I had to go with difference cats because on the driver side I would have crushed the carsound one. The new cats cost 170 each after he took 60 off from my cats. He could have charged me 560 for labor but he said Im not going higher than what i told you. I didnt have to pay from one hanger or clamp. Claped some parts of the muffler and welded it to Over all . AND ITS LOUD :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: . Let me get all the pics on Photobucket and later this week or next I'll have a clip. Over all I love it. From in the car it sounds ricy but I think that is the chamberness of it because I floored it when my bro was out of the car and he said it sounds nothing like what your in it. And it will only sound better with time. There are four hangers in the back, one up from and the manifolds to support it and everything is connected to eachother you'll see what im talking about!!!!

Comment

Sweet, post up clips asap

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X