The Top 3 Exhaust Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Originally posted by shortdog273:

It will fit with no problem. The hangers might have to be changed. It's most likely a 3" setup so that's your decision if you want the 3" catback.
    <hr></blockquote>

ok thanks, i'm always a bit nervous when buying something that says it is specificaly made for a diff. car or engine. and for that much $$ i want to to fit

why would they addvertise it for a 5.7 if it fits 3.4 and 3.8 also?

anyone know of somewhere cheap (other than ebay) to order a dynomax catback from?

thanks
    mike
    RedlineVSix

Comment

Here's the url for the dealer locator form on the Dynomax site:

http://www.tenneco-automotive.com/dy...erecanibuy.htm

What was the answer to buying a V8 system and bolting it on? I think the only difference is the pipes are 3" and they think we don't need that on the V6, but everything should fit overall? I haven't seen a 3" cat-back system for a V6 while prowling around today.
      \'98 A4 Camaro v6-&gt;v8 conversion, and STS kit next<br />v6: 13.6 Powerdyne, 13.2 150 shot, 13.8 120 shot, 14.3 85 shot, 15.7 stock<br />v8(na): 12.18@113, 392rwhp<br />Moderator on <a href=\"http://www.mtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.mtfba.org</a> and <a href=\"http://www.frrax.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.frrax.com</a> (Road Race & Autocross)<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/johnduncan10\" target=\"_blank\">Car pics</a>, <a href=\"http://www.trscca.com\" target=\"_blank\">TN Region SCCA</a>

Comment

i'm also look'n at the dynomax super converter, what size in/out does the 3.4L use? 18" long correct? if it's 2.25" or 2.5" in/out but the catback is 3" pipe how do i make that work?
        RedlineVSix

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:
          Knowledgefreak, Scott Black, or Zlightning..HURRY UP and get a sound clip for that Spintech!!LOL.. That's one of the clips I haven't heard besides the B&B, Edelbrock, and Corsa.<hr></blockquote>

I am going to do a before/after video with the header install. When i do the headers i'm also putting on a straightpipe in place of the cat, so that will make a difference as well. Should be done in about 2 weeks.

Scott

Comment

SLP Loudmouth!!!! Yes, it works on a v6, getting mine next month! Checkout this guy's loudmouth on his 97 bird!

Loud Mouth
            Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
              i've decided to get the dynomax cat-back system. but... where do they sell it for a 3.4L i can only seem to find it for a 5.7L, will that fit? any suggestions on where to get it (best service/price/etc.) thanks<hr></blockquote>

I got the 3.8 version. Fit perfectly. It's an RKSport exhaust with a dynomax super turbo muffler. Look on RKSport's website and see if they also have a 3.4 version.

Comment

ace2813, Fin you both have the dynomax catback on a 3.4L, where did you get it from, how much $$ and what size pipes is it
                RedlineVSix

Comment

hey, tell me how the loudmouth goes, im really interested in it, it sounded sweet!
                  97\' Black Firebird W68<br />mods as of yet- home depot CAI, Dynomax exhaust, 255 Yokohama tires

Comment

The Loudmouth went fine.

Email, ICQ or AIM me for details...

R

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Firebrd9783:
                      SLP Loudmouth!!!! Yes, it works on a v6, getting mine next month! Checkout this guy's loudmouth on his 97 bird!

Loud Mouth
                      <hr></blockquote>

Isnt that a V8 that loudmouth is on?
                      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

I had the Dynomax Super Turbo muffler on my '94 (I now have a '01, no exhaust system-yet). The muffler shop I use carries them, so I had them make up a custom 3" system (non-Mandrel bent, however), and use the Dynomax muffler & some chrome 3" tips.
                        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:

Isnt that a V8 that loudmouth is on?
                          <hr></blockquote>

To answer your question, that's my cohort in crime here in General Tech, Rich97 W68's car in the video clip. It's a 3.8L V6 (as the W68 code implies).
                          2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

I couldn't tell if it said WS6 or W68. Yea, I can tell it's pretty loud. The loudmouth is the right name for that system. Where did he get the W68 logo from?

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
                            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fin:

To answer your question, that's my cohort in crime here in General Tech, Rich97 W68's car in the video clip. It's a 3.8L V6 (as the W68 code implies).
                              <hr></blockquote>

It sounds gorgeous... damn I might hafto buy that for my next exhaust - its BEAUTIFUL.
                              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=31039

Is that the kit he has on his bird?
                                2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                                Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X