The Top 3 Exhaust Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 3 Exhaust Systems

I've been gathering alot of opinions on exhaust systems. Arguably so far, these are the best exhaust systems for V6s only: Dynomax, Edelbrock and Spintech. I haven't heard not one con on these mufflers. I used to have a flowmaster 80 series, but I made the switch to dynomax. Flowmaster however, does sound nicer at idle and punching it when driving IF your intake is modded. But when reving it up at idle past 3000 RPMs..thats when it sounds like a honda. I heard the others(Borla, B&B,etc)does the same. I'm pretty sure they all sound good on a V8.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Borla definitely sounds like *** on a V6. I have Dynomax and love it. B&B is ok, but so expensive.

Comment

Cool...I'm seriously considering the Edelbrock 3" cat-back for my car, haven't heard any negatives about it yet, either. Could probably use some better tips, tho ;)
      2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Dynomax.. heard it's a little quieter when cruising, but very aggresive at wide open throttle and on ignition. I might make the switch from Flowmaster to that if it's true. The cruising sound, although nice, sometimes can get annoying.

Comment

I have a Borla 3" Cat Back Exhaust on my car. I think it sounds awesome. I have a few mods, and that might be the reason. But I wouldn't dare use anything else, I think it is definatly the best for my car. But that is just my opinion.
          A bunch of fast stuff.....

Comment

i have a borla exhaust on my car and i have no complaints about it. is it worth the $600, probably not, but i think it sounds awesome. the only reason i have it on my car is cuz i heard it on another v6 and i thought it sounded good (and it only cost me $250).
            <b>2000 Firebird </b><br /><i>old setup </i>- Automatic Whisper lid, Borla catback, shift kit w/ V8 servo, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, PI 3000 converter, <br /><br /><i>14.703@90.92, 2.01 60\' </i>(intake and exhaust)<br /><br /><i> new setup </i> swapped over to LS1 413.9rwhp/398.7rwtq<br /><a href=\"http://www.thunderracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thunderracing.com</a>

Comment

exhaust sound is so relative you can't really talk about it cause that's how it sounds to you. if you're under a budget get edelbrock. good gains and most think it sounds pretty good. i got borla and i think it makes it sound like a european tuner car doesn't get ricey course i have headers and full block off plate on so it's completely through the muffler. i think alot of people biwhine about borla and B&B is cause of the price. i think the B&B and sounds kinda ricey at high rpms but then again i'm used to mine. anyway someone needs to set up a database of soundfiles for exhausts. actually i may do that. i'll get back to you all.
              i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

I love my Edelbrock. I've heard it and I def. like the sound better than Dynomax. Its kinda ricey for the first month (atleast for me) but now its really smooth. At high RPM's it def. sounds better than most, which get ricey.
                :D
                *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

The flowmaster does get ricey past 3,000rpms at idle - but past 3,000rpms when under load it never sounds ricey!

I think its more the way our manifolds are designed that causes that *sound* than anything. With headers and a 3" catback and hiflo cat, almost any muffler should sound great :D

I love my flow, I've only heard Borla and Dynomax on a V8 though.
                  2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                  Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I knew when I posted this message, I knew someone was gonna come out of the bushes. That's why I like these message boards. I finally got a con on the spintech. Some guy on the fbody.com/V6 board said the spintech sounds like crap. He's the first to say it. Keep posting comments (both negative and positive) because that's the whole purpose. Nothing personal with any of the owners and their mufflers.

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>

Comment

I love my edelbrock. It sounds deep throughout the whole rpm range. I recommend it highly.
                      2004 Mazda RX-8 <br />Winning Blue Metallic<br />6

Comment

so i go to the edlebrock site and they only have their system listed for the early 4th gens anything for us late models? any body know?
                        Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

I love my Borla, Deep and Throaty throughout the RPM's and you have to love that its adjustable to the sound you like!
                          Justin<br /><a href=\"http://www.bass482.com/firebird/index.html\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird A4 Y87<br /></a>170.2rwhp/203rwtq (SAE Corrected)

Comment

shortdog for you to go off one guy saying he does not like spintech and simply to decide like that i would hope you want more comments than just one person that may or may not of had the muffler.

You have 3 members with spintech here and they all say NO RICE then you get one guy you never hear from say it has rice. Bull....

You get Rice with a straight through muffler design. Spintech is not straight through go look at the design at http://www.spintechmufflers.com

Comment

I hear what you're saying knowledge, but I'm not making decisions on anything. Maybe he's just hating on spintech just to say his muffler is better. I'm satisfied with the muffler I have, BUT if the dynomax ever gets damaged or whatever, my next will be a SPINTECH....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X