Harmonic Balancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harmonic Balancer

Their around $100 and you need a puller and a new bolt for the balancer since their TTY.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

not all that hard to do, you can rent the tool from autozone or buy one for around $10.

if you have a manual, you basically just stick the car in 4th take a really long breaker bar and take the bolt off, then use the tool to take the balancer off. If you have an auto you need to jam a screw driver or something into the torque converter/flex plate

then put it on the same way you took it off

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

i know this post is a little old but i have a few problems, questions about this. the post about method #1 being used. it says just must do a case learn if - "The engine, harmonic balancer, clutch, or flywheel have been: disassembled, removed, or replaced." if anyone has ever rebuilt their engine must perform a case learn!!!! i have rebuilt my engine, removed the trans, TC and flywheel and even replaced the balancer with a newer style (car is 96). i have never had a case learn performed and never had any trouble by not doing so. how many ppl have replaced their CPS or :The engine, harmonic balancer, clutch, or flywheel have been: disassembled, removed, or replaced and never had a case learn performed????
        Last edited by thats_reality; 03-11-2010, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thats_reality View Post
          i know this post is a little old but i have a few problems, questions about this. the post about method #1 being used. it says just must do a case learn if - "The engine, harmonic balancer, clutch, or flywheel have been: disassembled, removed, or replaced." if anyone has ever rebuilt their engine must perform a case learn!!!! i have rebuilt my engine, removed the trans, TC and flywheel and even replaced the balancer with a newer style (car is 96). i have never had a case learn performed and never had any trouble by not doing so. how many ppl have replaced their CPS or :The engine, harmonic balancer, clutch, or flywheel have been: disassembled, removed, or replaced and never had a case learn performed????

Your "not having any trouble" doesn't make it right. Guess you really aren't interested in optimum engine performance, or don't understand what it's for. Not doing a simple CASE learn is just plain stupid.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

i dont understand why my post was deleted, the first post of this thread conflicts with what you say here:

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
            No, it has nothing to do with your mod.

The CASE learn is to program the crankshaft position sensor, which reads indexing on the backside of the balancer.
            the first post says if the clutch was changed, there should be a case learn, but here you say it is not needed

this can and is confusing for some members who arent that knowledgeable with cars, or the cars computer

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
              i dont understand why my post was deleted, the first post of this thread conflicts with what you say here:

the first post says if the clutch was changed, there should be a case learn, but here you say it is not needed

this can and is confusing for some members who arent that knowledgeable with cars, or the cars computer

The first post in this thread (by me) says nothing about the clutch. What are you reading?

Raven

Comment

I just see it says no vibration in the clutch pedal which if the balancer is smoother and balanced better the engine will be not vibrate as much. The clutch has nothing to do with how the engine is going to be balanced and vibration of the engine. Some aftermarket clutches will have alot of chatter when releasing the clutch, some will get broken in and go away some and others will always have it. I had a Spec stage 3+ , when i first got it , it was pretty bad chatter , had to rev it alot more coming out of first. But after about 6 months it got alot better.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                  The first post in this thread (by me) says nothing about the clutch. What are you reading?
                  my bad, i thought this post was in this thread, but:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showpost.p...91&postcount=2

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                    my bad, i thought this post was in this thread, but:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showpost.p...91&postcount=2

That's per GM service.

Raven

Comment

is there a how to on replacing the balancer?

Comment

its pretty straight forward. remove the belt, you need some way to bust the bolt loose, then take a harmonic balancer puller and take it off...install is reverse of removal.
                        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

lol im sorry to sound so dumb. is it in the front of the engine? its not an internal part. external. correct?

Comment

Originally posted by kdm212 View Post
                            lol im sorry to sound so dumb. is it in the front of the engine? its not an internal part. external. correct?
                            Balancer = Crank Pully ;)
                            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

alrighty then. thanks for the info. usually im not this stupid. must be the booze still in my system.

Comment

Not a problem.
                                Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                                Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                                Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                                Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                                Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X