• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This kind of hood looks clean to me.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      This kind of hood looks clean to me.
      yeah that’s cool but won’t fit the turbo. Only one I found is the one Robert posted, and I have to use hood pins. Didn’t get to go out tuning today maybe tomorrow. Left knee is killing me. Have a appointment to see the Orthopedic doctor the 23rd and suppose to have a MRI but my insurance is taking it’s time to approve it. If they wait too long I’ll just go to the ER and have them do a MRI.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/cfh6.html
        Looks like the one Robert posted but doesn’t say hood pins required, I’ll see if they have more pics.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thanks Edgar for posting that pic, I found a 2.5” cowl hood that should work. It’s from Harwood $750 though but it’s bolt on so no hood pins.

Comment

Here’s it is. Click image for larger version  Name:	D22345D4-0794-47C8-AB98-411F6F71EFB8.jpeg Size:	30.3 KB ID:	1577815

Comment

That's actually a nice one.

Comment

That's actually a nice one.
                Yes, $900 shipped was the cheapest I could find from Jegs. But Hardwood had all the pics on their site. It has to cowl where the hood struts bolt on to the hood. And it does.

Comment

So while I save for the new hood, I’m going to try and move the battery to the rear. Collecting what I need month by month.

Comment

Had some spare MDF so cut some to make a amp rack then I’ll mount the box for my battery. Then mount my coolant resivior and run my 4” tubbing down to the fender. Should be getting stuff next week.

Comment

Have you tried running it yet?

Comment

Have you tried running it yet?
                        Not yet, maybe later today, they just finished construction on our road and my knee is still killing me. Maybe tore my ACL.

Comment

Didn’t get out today got my Camaro cleaned up a bit of the hatch, figured out where I’m going to put the amps and 30 farad cap. Painted my old tranny pan so I can install it. Maybe take it out tomorrow while I’m waiting for parts. Kinda got distracted because of the Super Bowl.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your knee. I know how that feel. Getting in and out of an fbody doesn't help either.

Comment

Yes , been almost 3 months now but I waited a month to go to my doctor which was my mistake. My truck isn’t that bad getting in and out but my knee starts hurting when driving. And the Camaro is no good, had to stop a few times when I drove down to Surprise to get the turbo installed. But hopefully I get the Camaro finished.

Comment

Yeah, tried to get in the Camaro to take it out. No go too much pain , can’t extend my left leg and keeping it bent is killing me. See the Orthopedic doctor next Wednesday and get a MRI Saturday. Hopefully they can do something, my knee hurting is getting old.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X