No announcement yet.

My turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock hood on still hitting pretty bad, about 2”s here’s a pic all the way down. Worse case scenario I’ll have the compressor side sticking out of the hood or I’ll see if I can maybe bubble it up to clear the compressor side. Click image for larger version

Name:	3C061497-E5C5-4C99-A8F6-1AC2A11FD0EE.jpeg
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	1577784
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Still no response from the eBay company that made the turbo kit. I’m not surprised. I’m going to end up cutting the stock hood and selling the SS hood.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

One of my neighbors does body work, he just looked at it, said he’ll cut it out for me. He’s busy so maybe next week. $100 , not bad.

Comment

How's it running Steve? Congrats on finally putting it in. Looks awesome!

Theres a number of v6 owner who have this installed and I've never heard of them having issues with their hood....interesting.

Comment

It’s idling great, haven’t been able to tune it because of the hood. Soon as that is fixed I’ll tune it.
            Yeah before I bought the kit, I asked the eBay company if the Gt35r would fit and they said it would, since you can run bigger turbo’s supposedly. They lied.

Comment

Found the place where I posted the eBay turbo and the GT35R, thread eBay turbo , 4 pages in, just a few threads below mine .Mines alittle taller but not much. Plus the eBay seller said it would work. I still have the emails from them.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 01-27-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I forgot, you have a better turbo than the one that came with the ebay turbo.

Comment

I looked at this one again Robert, might work, I’ll see how much he cuts to make it fit.

Comment

Got my heat shield on, and my open air filter, not going to have room for a normal air filter, might put the battery in the trunk later on. Hopefully get the hood situation solved this next week and tune it. Then get the down pipe routed to the exhaust and new tires put on.

Comment

Looks really good. Your turbo is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                        Looks really good. Your turbo is huge.
                        Thanks Edgar, it’s only about 1/2” to a 1” taller on the compressor side. I’ve looked at the turbos side by side and not too much difference.

Comment

Got the hood cut today, needs some touch up but I’ll do it later on. The eBay hood should work, but have to use hood pins. Looks like it’s going to rain here so no tuning today. Hopefully this week.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here’s one with it painted. Not going to do much to it since I’ll be getting a new hood. Click image for larger version

Name:	AE0C9C58-CCD4-4E80-8A90-26C4A15D9145.jpeg
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	1577805

Comment

Going to take the Camaro out tomorrow for some tuning, should be nice weather. Hopefully not much traffic. At idle my air intake temps are at 70 degrees so that’s good.

Comment

Post some videos of your run.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X