a4 to m5 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a4 to m5 conversion

Engine wiring harness. And Pcm from the 2002.

Comment

Im also forgetting a new clutch kit.

Comment

Originally posted by insaneABOT View Post
        Engine wiring harness. And Pcm from the 2002.
        what exactly is the point of the wiring harness?
        1999 v6 Camaro M5
        Automatic to Manual converted
        Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
        !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

ah so thats what a4 and m5 stands for. durrr

Comment

Originally posted by Scrat's_Camaro View Post
            ah so thats what a4 and m5 stands for. durrr
            a meaning automatic, which has 4 gears, and m meaning manual which has 5 gears.

the manuals in the ls1 cars are sometimes called m6's because they have 6 gears

Comment

I've read the entire thread and im having a hard time finding parts now to do this. the big issue is the flywheel. first you cannot use the one from an A4 in this swap right? and if so is there a place to get a what are the specs i need to look for when buying one. i plan on getting the trans, pedals and hydro's used from a junkyard but i want to get a good flywheel and new clutch so im not rebuilding it in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by A fireman View Post
                I've read the entire thread and im having a hard time finding parts now to do this. the big issue is the flywheel. first you cannot use the one from an A4 in this swap right? and if so is there a place to get a what are the specs i need to look for when buying one. i plan on getting the trans, pedals and hydro's used from a junkyard but i want to get a good flywheel and new clutch so im not rebuilding it in a year.
                correct, automatic cars use flexplates, while manuals use flywheels

you can buy a flywheel at any parts store for like $50... $70 at most

if you are getting the trans, etc from a junkyard, why not get a flywheel also? its not like its going to be bad, you will still need to get it cut down to put the new clutch in

Comment

if you want to go performance route, spec makes an aluminum flywheel for $400.
                  Y87 Package
                  MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
                  Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
                  BONE APPROVED!
                  VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                  KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                  Team Black...TEAM EMO
                  sigpic
                  Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

No one would carry the flywheel in stock it has to be special order. My flywheel cost me about $300 and I had to wait 2 days for it to arrive. One other thing you can use the 3.4L clutch pedal the only thing you have to do is take the hydraulic line off which is fairly easy to do it is held on by a pin just use a nail and hammer to tap it out and then put the 3.8 line in and you're done. Make sure you don't break the o ring be careful with that.

Comment

well i have a 3.4 so I'm going to make things simple and pull from a 3.4 only if i can

Comment

flordibamma? how close to mobile? i have been kinda interested in this swap and would liek to see it done. maybe help a little.
                        96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

The 95 3.4l camaro and firebird have the electronic speed sensor the only thing that you have to change is the bearing housing in the front and your set.

Comment

just wondering about how much this conversion would cost?

Comment

about 1000-1500 depending on what kind of parts you buy

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                                about 1000-1500 depending on what kind of parts you buy
                                :eek: thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X