X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: a4 to m5 conversion

Just to verify...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hurst...Q5fAccessories

This is the shifter and knob I was going to go with to do my swap. It does mention in the description about the bellhousing being tilted 15 degrees or so and how the shifter stick is bent to compensate for this. Would this be the correct one or a straight one?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hurst...Q5fAccessories

or is that one the better one.

Comment

i wanna do this to a v6 but alot of that sounds complicated..

plan on doing it to my z28 one day.. i better get use to it

Comment

• Re: a4 to m5 conversion sticky mayb?

i have done a simaliar swap in my fire bird the auto for the m49 5 speed not to hard to do just a little enginering to do. to make everything easy i swapped the wire harness and pcm too

Comment

Meaty just wanted to thank you for the right up it was a massive help for my swap I just finished. The one think I didn't see was a mention of the flywheel shield. Its not required but suggested if its a dd car or if there is a lot of dirt or debris (like snow and ice) where you drive. I used the flywheel shield and just cut the face off it. It won't be perfect but its good for the big dangers.

Comment

Thank you, glad I could help

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                Thank you, glad I could help
                hey man how long and what was the total cost of this swap? reason im asking is i cant find a 5 speed firebiird for cheap but there are allot of cheap a4 firebirds for sale in my area. im trying to start a project.

Comment

I was able to do my swap for about $1200 and took 2-3 days.
                  I did buy a nice spec clutch and expensive shifter, so I think it can be done for cheaper

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I did buy a nice spec clutch and expensive shifter, so I think it can be done for cheaper
                    all right thanks alot really helps to know :)

Comment

op how many hours would you say this took? all said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by kdm212 View Post
                        op how many hours would you say this took? all said and done.
                        I think what he posted just a few above your post sums it up pretty well. I'd say it would probably be about 12 to 24 hours total depending on if you have all the stuff you need there and if you're doing it all alone or with some friends/experienced help. Jack stands/ramp vs. using a lift etc. etc.

I did mine on my own, with a lot of interruption, waiting on parts and having to make trips to go fab up stuff for the T-56. A lot less running around for the T-5 stuff. Most time consuming part was the wiring, getting everything working correctly.

If I were to do it again, I'd love to have a lift to make it all just that much easier.

Comment

Meaty did you have an issue with lose of cruse control?

Comment

I have a trick for bleeding the system when doing the swap.It may sound a little crazy but it works.Before stabbing the trans home plug in the slave cylinder and manually bleed it old school.By not being in car yet you can pump the air out with your hand back up to the master by pushing in on the throwout bearing.Kind of like the way you get air out of the cooling system massaging the lower hose.Once you have the slavemaster bled disconnect,stab tranny reconnect and your already bled. Tranny jack makes this easy.100 hf.Almost the same as bench bleeding a new master cylinder.

Comment

Do these swaps all the time and sell the parts on epay for the do it yourselfer.Under t5 borg warner complete swap:bowdown::banana:

Comment

I did this swap per the instructions by Meaty, everything went great. Luckily I carefully made the list of parts needed, so I did not have any missing parts since I am in Europe.

In any case, I keep getting a code for the clutch switch...why is that? I put in a new clutch switch...also my cruise control is not working.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X