VANBIBBER APPROVED!
    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
    Team Black...TEAM EMO
    sigpic
    Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Re: a4 to m5 conversion

I noticed that the 3.4 slave cylinder has a pin in it and the 3.8 slave cylinder has the same thing can I just remove those pins and install the 3.4 hydraulic line into the 3.8 slave cylinder?

Comment

no......
        Y87 Package
        MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
        BONE APPROVED!
        VANBIBBER APPROVED!
        KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
        Team Black...TEAM EMO
        sigpic

Comment

Now the line is the only thing holding me back. Since the dealers around my area will not sell me the line by itself what can I do. I have a shop that can make me a line but they want to see my master cylinder and the slave cylinder so they can get the measurements from both the master and the slave cylinder. So I can just replace the line from the 3.4 master cylinder and replace it with a 3.8 line? I asked a one of the old gurus that deals with trannys alot and he told me that the hydraulic throw out bearing from the 3.8 may need a bigger master cylinder in order to compensate for its size is this true or is he just confused?

Comment

it could be true, but i thought they were the same....
            Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
            BONE APPROVED!
            VANBIBBER APPROVED!
            KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
            Team Black...TEAM EMO
            sigpic

Comment

Well I'm going to have the line made and then I'll test it on my old master cylinder. and if it fits I'm not going to get a new master cylinder. Well the guy looked it up in a book and they say that they are different but I'm not sure if that is true or not.

Comment

As of right now I looked at the Autozone website and the 3.4 and 3.8 Master cylinder is the same. So im going to keep my old one. They say the same part number it is just the line that changes.

Comment

tis what i thought.
                  Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
                  BONE APPROVED!
                  VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                  KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                  Team Black...TEAM EMO
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm going to take my master cylinder then so they can make the line for me.

Comment

So you got a new slave cylinder and 3.8 bellhousing? Did you also remember to get the new input shaft retainer/seal? It just sounds like you're doing what i told you DONT want to do and converting the 3.4 tranny setup to the 3.8 tranny setup...Also, if you do get a new line, can you give me the specs on the seal (o-ring) between the hydraulic line and the master cylinder?

Comment

I did get the retainer seal for the input shaft.

Comment

Re: a4 to m5 conversion sticky mayb?

yeah can you come to florida and do the swap for me?lol, but how much did this swap cost you?

Comment

I'm not even close to being done. Before you start hacking away make sure you have the pcm and the new wiring harness that belongs to a stick shift Camaro or Firebird. If you don't have those or the bearing retainer you will have a hard time finding them. Since I'm doing a conversion from a 3.4 to a 3.8 it has come around $400 including engine and the parts to make it from a fwd to a rwd. I'm almost done with the car just need a few more things i need to wire up like the low traction sensor i need to solder back together. Also the dash needs to be bolted down, I'm going to be running a T3 turbo and I'm customizing piping for the turbo. So I still have a while to go. Anyway just make sure you get the bearing retainer the pcm and the camaro wiring harness from a stick shift camaro or firebird they have to be from 96 to 98.

Comment

Hey, folks I have a question. A dumb question but somebodies gotta ask them. Im getting a T5 off of a 99 Firebird and I have an 02 Camaro. Now Im getting the whole tranny complete with bellhousing and such. From what im gettting out of the section is that when you get a full tranny it comes with "cross member, transmission mount, torque arm brackets, shifter, Vehicle Speed Sensor(VSS), reverse light switch pigtail, and Slave Cylinder". I also know its a much easier a swap with an 98-02 tranny

Heres my question, Im taking the pedals, the center console, the shifter. But I can't shake the feeling that Im missing something. Im looking at this list and im thinking there is something missing. Im basically getting the parts and taking them to a shop, cause my A4 will die soon, heck its dead now.

Comment

Originally posted by DeAmaro View Post
                                Hey, folks I have a question. A dumb question but somebodies gotta ask them. Im getting a T5 off of a 99 Firebird and I have an 02 Camaro. Now Im getting the whole tranny complete with bellhousing and such. From what im gettting out of the section is that when you get a full tranny it comes with "cross member, transmission mount, torque arm brackets, shifter, Vehicle Speed Sensor(VSS), reverse light switch pigtail, and Slave Cylinder". I also know its a much easier a swap with an 98-02 tranny

Heres my question, Im taking the pedals, the center console, the shifter. But I can't shake the feeling that Im missing something. Im looking at this list and im thinking there is something missing. Im basically getting the parts and taking them to a shop, cause my A4 will die soon, heck its dead now.
                                just make sure all that stuff that is supposed to come with the transmission actually does, because when i bought my m5 trans it didnt have all that. it also looks like your missing the master cylinder and fluid reservoir for the clutch pedal.

you might wanna get a clutch safety switch too, if you want it be like a true 5 speed car. you can get them at advance for cheap.
                                also, your gunna want to get your pcm tuned because my speedo didnt work until my pcm was tuned as a 5 speed.

good luck
                                1999 v6 Camaro M5
                                Automatic to Manual converted
                                Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
                                !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X