X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aluminum Driveshaft

Originally posted by mlsFiT
    Or maybe its just that you refuse to believe me, thats fine. I just dont know how I can make what I already tried to explain any more clear...
    I have no reason to refuse to believe it except its not true. Or maybe its true, just your the only person in the world thats reported it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
      I understand what your trying to say... But its basically whats already been explained, and your taking it further.

The aluminum driveshaft, being lighter, makes for less rotational mass. Your saying that your motor is not straining to spin the ds anymore like it used to.

I'm not sure if thats really true or just in your head, since I'm not sure if that is really affected in that way, but I do think that is what your trying to say.
      Yes exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by kala
        That's awesome. Any v6 guys have that in their car? BTW, they come stock from factory in Nissan 350Z track.

:)
        I googled it and found a price for the fbod on one site at $564 :)
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
          I have no reason to refuse to believe it except its not true. Or maybe its true, just your the only person in the world thats reported it happening.
          For all you know my previous DS could have been way out of balance. Infact you dont know anything about my set up. So i just find it funny how you know what is and isnt possible... please let this be the end of it

Comment

For all you know my previous DS could have been way out of balance. Infact you dont know anything about my set up. So i just find it funny how you know what is and isnt possible... please let this be the end of it
            I am not saying you did not get gains... and I know nothing of your setup, but you know nothing of mine as well, but if I made a claim, that I bought a can of beans claiming them to be magic, and threw them under my seat, not my car runs 10s and dynos 500 hp. you know I am wrong.

Only thing I know is I had a 3.4L for awhile, had the n/a drag racing record for years, and I did alot of drivetrain mods, on 3 seperate f-bodies

but I am saying that your motor at 5,000 rpms with your gears, and your tires.(assuming you didn't change them) Is going to be the same mph, wheather you had the worst out of balance, was made out of a tree log driveshaft, or if you had a $600 carbonfiber one.

Then I am also saying by adding the driveshaft, your powerband does not move up 200-300 rpms, I am since your driveshaft is unrelated to how well your engine will perform at certain rpms. If you happened to change the heads/tb/intake, then you will change the powerband, not by changing the driveshaft

all that will happen, is you will reach, 5,000 rpms faster, you will reach the exact same mph, you reached before at 5,000 rpms faster, and you will experience in every gear.

you are saying because you have a lighter driveshaft, your car goes 5mph faster in each gear, and your powerband is useable past the "fall flat" point that 3.4Ls experience.
            Last edited by DAS BOOT; 07-15-2007, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I am not saying you did not get gains...

but I am saying that your motor at 5,000 rpms with your gears, and your tires.(assuming you didn't change them) Is going to be the same mph, wheather you had the worst out of balance, was made out of a tree log driveshaft, or if you had a $600 carbonfiber one.

Then I am also saying by adding the driveshaft, your powerband does not move up 200-300 rpms, I am since your driveshaft is unrelated to how well your engine will perform at certain rpms. If you happened to change the heads/tb/intake, then you will change the powerband, not by changing the driveshaft

all that will happen, is you will reach, 5,000 rpms faster, you will reach the exact same mph, you reached before at 5,000 rpms faster, and you will experience in every gear.

you are saying because you have a lighter driveshaft, your car goes 5mph faster in each gear, and your powerband is useable past the "fall flat" point that 3.4Ls experience.
              I know my power band didnt move or shift. I think I should have been more clear about what I said the first time. I didnt gain the 5mph, I simply no longer feel like im stressing the engine out to get the full mph im saposed to. Like you said you shift at 5k to avoid the rate of acceleration slowing. My car can pull out to 5.5k with out losing acceleration since I have P&P throttle body, clean manifolds and a fresh valve job... but the old 140k mile 2 piece drive shaft didnt like to be reved out like that... I had a fresh engine with old drivetrain...

Comment

I know my power band didnt move or shift. I think I should have been more clear about what I said the first time. I didnt gain the 5mph, I simply no longer feel like im stressing the engine out to get the full mph im saposed to. Like you said you shift at 5k to avoid the rate of acceleration slowing. My car can pull out to 5.5k with out losing acceleration since I have P&P throttle body, clean manifolds and a fresh valve job... but the old 140k mile 2 piece drive shaft didnt like to be reved out like that... I had a fresh engine with old drivetrain...
                Its helpless....

Comment

Its helpless....
                  exactly, im done trying to explain myself to you...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X