This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aluminum Driveshaft

anybody have this D/S?any problems with it?
    http://www.lmperformance.com/1565/14.html
    Last edited by XgunsmokeX; 06-24-2007, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by XgunsmokeX
      anybody have this D/S?any problems with it?
      http://www.lmperformance.com/1565/14.html
      Yikes, $400 for an aluminum driveshaft. You can get one from here or on ls1tech sale section for about $120 shipped. I am personally looking for a one in great condition.

:)
      09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

35 ann. camaro aluminum DS for a 100, worth it? it is out of a stick, i got a auto will it work?

Comment

yeah. and its worth it... thats a common price.

Comment

Originally posted by giiventofly
            yeah. and its worth it... thats a common price.
            yeah it will fit?

Comment

I just replaced my 1 piece steel to an aluminum one and didn't notice much difference.

I bought my D/S used, so I opted to change out the U-joints. That was a bit of a challange that required more than just a wrench. The U-joints are held in by a plastic mold that we ended up having a heat up and use an arbor press to gently push out the old a bearings. You have to be careful where to push so that you don't bend the ends together. Overall we did it in a short evening, but I would hate to think how it would have been without the proper equipment.

Now if you aren't replacing the U-joints, then it would have only taken about 15 minutes to do the swap.
              2000 White Firebird <br />K&N Filter, Aluminum Driveshaft<br /><br />95 White Firebird - Laid to Rest<br />K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Exhaust, Jet Chip

Comment

Originally posted by zymose
                I just replaced my 1 piece steel to an aluminum one and didn't notice much difference.
                well since i am running a 2pc D/S i hope to see some difference

Comment

Originally posted by saltnvinegar6287
                  A gear is a gear, you can't get more mph out of the same gear ratio by changing a medium.
                  You dont have a 3.4 you wouldnt understand. Maybe I should have been more clear. The stock 3.4 doesnt like to rev past 5000rpm with the two piece driveshaft, infact many describe it as falling on its face after 5000rpm. Any stock 3.4 owner knows its pointless to rev past 5000 since our power is mostly made down low anyways. With the aluminum one piece it revs more freely and allows the engine to be taken past 5000rpm with less stress to the car. THUS another 5 mph is to be had before it "falls on its face". In laymans terms it free'd up the extra 5mph that was already there... :slap:

Comment

Originally posted by mlsFiT
                    You dont have a 3.4 you wouldnt understand. Maybe I should have been more clear. The stock 3.4 doesnt like to rev past 5000rpm with the two piece driveshaft, infact many describe it as falling on its face after 5000rpm. Any stock 3.4 owner knows its pointless to rev past 5000 since our power is mostly made down low anyways. With the aluminum one piece it revs more freely and allows the engine to be taken past 5000rpm with less stress to the car. THUS another 5 mph is to be had before it "falls on its face". In laymans terms it free'd up the extra 5mph that was already there... :slap:
                    "falling on it's face" is result of a misfire or spike in KR causing the car's computer to pull timing. When you rev freely, the DS isn't moving. So both have nothing to do with the DS at all.

Comment

oh im sure the 10-15lbs lost on the drive line had nothing to do with it...

Comment

Originally posted by mlsFiT
                        oh im sure the 10-15lbs lost on the drive line had nothing to do with it...
                        precisely. Do a search on missfires and you'll see alot of people complaining about their car's stuttering or "falling on it's face," 3.4 or not. And, as I said before...when you free rev, the DS does not move

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                          precisely. Do a search on missfires and you'll see alot of people complaining about their car's stuttering or "falling on it's face," 3.4 or not. And, as I said before...when you free rev, the DS does not move
                          I didnt mean "free rev" as YOU put it... Im talking about when the car is in gear... And when implying "falls on its face" im talking about the power in general. The 3.4l is basically a truck engine, it wasnt ment to be reved out like some import...

Comment

And when implying "falls on its face" im talking about the power in general. The 3.4l is basically a truck engine, it wasnt ment to be reved out like some import...
                            well, following that logic, changing the DS isn't going to effect that either. Swapping driveshafts isn't going to change your where or how wide your powerband is. Also, this is a technical forum so get out of the habit of paraphrasing technical terms if you want to be understood properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                              well, following that logic, changing the DS isn't going to effect that either. Swapping driveshafts isn't going to change your where or how wide your powerband is. Also, this is a technical forum so get out of the habit of paraphrasing technical terms if you want to be understood properly.

nobody likes you so shut up

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                                nobody likes you so shut up
                                This is a technical discussion, so do try to stay on topic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X