WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

New shot of the car with the wheels. Somebody stole my license plate cover the following day :(

Comment

Nice looking Firebird.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Just drove it with the refreshed headers. Dunno if it has been the long absence and driving the Mazda3 or if it has a marked difference even with the open headers right now, but it pulled hard and fast with just a quick blip of the throttle. I got smart and went to Lowes and got some earplugs that have the little tether and a carrying case. Fits perfectly in the cupholder lol! No more threshold damage for me at least.

Waiting to get it all buttoned up so I can give it the beans again.

Pics of them repaired/modded and installed. Ready to see those parts turn that nice bronze pretty soon!

Comment

how did you take the pic with the "clear" hood?

Comment

Used a tripod, took two shots. One with the hood open, the other with it closed.

Adjusted transparency w/ photoshop after using lasso tool for the engine bay.

Best tutorial I've seen:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67_1K...layer_embedded

Comment

So I finally got a different catback to replace the TSP Rumbler. The wife complained a bit too often even when I'd drive trying to be mellow and not let it go over 3K rpms (no small feat with a 3800 stall).

I decided to start putting together a catback with the 13secV6 catback as a guideline. The serial numbers have changed since that thread was started, so I'll try and give you my best finds. I must note that I had to have a new y-pipe fabricated to work as the slip-fit setup as I got rid of the v-band setup as they were constantly snagging on things.

I did make a departure as the Summit Turbo Muffler had the dual out on the same side of the muffler instead of being a transverse setup. I went with a Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler that was 3" inlet and 3" dual outlet in transverse location. I couldn't find any 3" tailpipes to use, but figured I'd just have it done at the exhaust shop.

Parts:
              Flowmaster 3" intermediate pipe: FLO-26087
              Dynomax 3" Axle cross over pipe: WLK-53061
              Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler: WLK-17670

Impressions:
              Very mellow startup that still has a nice rumble compared to stock but won't attract too much attention with the cutout closed. It gives the car more of the grainy V6 sound instead of the scream from the Rumbler. I can carry on a conversation with my wife and the radio going without too much issue. No drone either inside the cabin.
              I can also go WOT without people half a mile away knowing I'm coming.

This will offer much more of a sleeper standard for me which is what I liked. It sounded like I was trying to race everybody with the Rumbler, though I was part throttle all the time.

VIDEO:
              YouTube - ‪V6 Firebird Dynomax Turbo Muffler‬‏

Old catback w/ Rumbler:
              YouTube - ‪V6 Firebird w/ Intense S1X NA Camshaft‬‏

For those that are wondering, I sold the Rumbler to another V6 owner in the area

Comment

do you still have the stock headers and are u willing to sale them

Comment

Super turbos are the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8lcoty View Post
                    do you still have the stock headers and are u willing to sale them
                    Nope, too many bolts broke off in the end of the collector so they went to scrap with the rest of the old parts.

Comment

Long time no post.

Bought some Corbeau CR1's to replace my worn out stockers, gonna modify the rails and install them soon.

Comment

Didnt think you needed to mod the rails with corbeaus? Damn...the CR1s will look sick though.

any progress on the tranny?

Comment

Waiting on a different adapter plate.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                            Didnt think you needed to mod the rails with corbeaus? Damn...the CR1s will look sick though.

any progress on the tranny?
                            I had to mod one of my seat rails to fit my enzo seats in my car and they are very close to the corbeaus ones on the bottom. It worked out much better than I thought for the passenger side. for the drivers side I had to drill more holes in the seat brackets that came with it.

Comment

I just bought the Spearco rails when I installed my seats.
                              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'm just gonna order the rails, they're on sale because of the holiday specials on thunder racing.

I'm beyond the "Lets rig it to work" stage of my life and want things to work right the first time lol!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X