WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

I have heard of MWC, but I went with these SFC's in case the MWC's don't pass tech at an Auto-x event or anything like that.

Comment

Well, this came in. Got a few other things with it. Up next is the heads/cam/intake package from WOT-Tech, then a flywheel so I can send it to the shop and get the whole rotating assembly balanced to help make reliable/efficient power even up top.
      Last edited by WarShrike; 10-19-2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

pre:rock:ttttyyyy

Comment

Whats the specs of the turbo?
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Anyone know how to get ahold of lee norton? Looking to get some I fo on getting rid of the dbw thanx. By the way warshrike nice looking setup. Im jealous lol. Hopefully my build starts soo.

Comment

Lee is usually on fullthrottlev6.

Turbo is a Garrett 67mm with a .82 t3 exhaust housing.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                Lee is usually on fullthrottlev6.

Turbo is a Garrett 67mm with a .82 t3 exhaust housing.
                You should still spool quick with the .82 my GT35R with a .63 spooled pretty low, saw like 7psi at like 2000 rpms, I'm going to be installing it back in this month or two.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  You should still spool quick with the .82 my GT35R with a .63 spooled pretty low, saw like 7psi at like 2000 rpms, I'm going to be installing it back in this month or two.
                  Yeah, my top end package is supposed to be one of the better flowing setups outside of maybe the tip top shelf, ported to the max ZZP and Intense heads (Aluminum included). I'm going to run a ported Holden LIM with a sheet metal plenum paired to a 78mm truck throttle body. Just having that flow is going to help get things motivated pretty easily.

Comment

Well, I'm doing research on the next step after my top end package is done. Flywheel and Clutch to handle the power at max effort.

I'm staying away from Spec as much as possible from experiences I've seen in the bigger power stuff for the V6's in the past. Monster is the only company that seemed to be up to the challenge, but I'd have to send a flywheel to them first before they could give me the go ahead. Never got anything back from Centerforce and I believe McLeod said "NOPE."

In the mean time, I decided to look in Australia for V6 friendly apps for the T-5 equipped Holdens. I think I found a jackpot, but it's gonna be costly.

Gonna have to tag this NSFW now...

This was in an e-mail from NPC just now, they recommended the 10.5" dual plate kit. I asked for pricing and pics if possible.

Here's the Coyote V8 clutch/flywheel combo, the flywheel will be different but the clutch will be very similar. Good to 800rwhp and ~$1800USD + Freight from Australia. MF-ING Ouch. Power doesn't exactly come cheap, folks. Anyway, I figured I'd have to be staring down a clutch/flywheel combo that would come out as a sizeable chunk of cash.

Anyway, PR0N!

This was on their website, single plate, 6 button ceramic clutch kit:

Comment

Holy schnikes! I haven't looked into performance clutches yet, but is there not a good enough one here in the US off the shelves that will work? You're running the 3800/T5 style clutch correct?
                      aka FreedStyle
                      Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                      2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                        Holy schnikes! I haven't looked into performance clutches yet, but is there not a good enough one here in the US off the shelves that will work? You're running the 3800/T5 style clutch correct?
                        T-5 style clutch, yes.

Not a single clutch in the US that'll handle 600 at the crank with good drivability characteristics.

Comment

wow...What about a custom flywheel that will mount to the 3800 and bolt up to an LS or any v8 style clutch? Or would it not be cost effective compared to buying the Aussie parts?
                          aka FreedStyle
                          Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                          2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

That's pretty much what this one does. I kinda expected that I'd be staring down $2K in just the billet flywheel and a good clutch anyway... My estimates were pretty close.

Comment

wow...thats alotta cheddar

Comment

Just a little cold outside...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0pY7pBn2nQ

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X