WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

As promised! Need to get some lugnuts, center caps and valve stems. Probably going to run spacers to get them more flush with the body lines of the car (have ARP studs available, not looking forward to pulling rear axles)...Oh yeah and tires too!

Probably going to put the speedline spoke logo back on but in black this time. Unless I find some speedline center caps that fit, but these are going to require a 70mm back center cap. I can drop a 20oz can through the hub opening and not touch.

Comment

Those rims look amazing. They are going to look real nice on your bird. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Damn they look good. Cant wait to see pics of them on your bird.
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
        sigpic

Comment

They do look nice for being non-ZR1's . LOL J/K
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Kumho Ecsta ASX 275/40/17

Gonna wait to put them on until later, got a crapton of other stuff I need to do first lol!

Last edited by WarShrike; 04-08-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

They look great, whoever did them did a good job.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Just got back from a dyno session at Texas Speed & Performance, I've been nervous all morning hoping everything would work out okay. I think I was more nervous than the day I got married!

As many of you know, I've been doing part throttle and cruise tuning on this car for quite awhile with help from a friend of mine [John Ginter]. The tuner at TSP commented on the overall idle of the car and how it did on the cruise and that it was doing pretty well. He did 4 or 5 pulls with cooldown in between. He was just trying to get the AFR just right, finished it up around 12.9:1 and it was pretty happy at that point. Open longtubes were creating a little noise issue with the knock sensors, he said it might have made a little more without it causing havok on that.

Going to look at getting a new harmonic balancer to help with spinning this thing up above 6K at the track since this thing without a balance shaft vibrates like crazy.

Just getting there:

3.8 Liter capacity strap-on:

Hot under the collar:

Comment

Anyway, numbers.

3rd gear pull, unlocked 3800 stall:
                  196.02 hp @ 5600 rpm
                  196.33 tq @ 4600 rpm

2nd gear was a little cleaner line:
                  195.12 hp @ 5750 rpm
                  206.14 tq @ 4600 rpm

These weren't really power pulls more just to get a good tune. He didn't want to lug it too bad in 3rd with it locked out.

Compare to stock 'verter/trans and 140K mile motor:
                  184 TQ @ 4700 rpms
                  169 HP @ 5300 rpms

I am honestly pleased to see these numbers through a big stall. There's so many things that have changed on the car that just looking at the numbers it is hard to really compare the two as this car is very different from when I first started.

Going to the track tonight, running the 1/8th and hopefully get some times for everybody tonight.

Comment

Rims look killer and nice numbers :tup:
                    3M MAFIA
                    ________
                    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                    sigpic

Comment

Good #'s for that big of a stall, the track will show all.

Comment

How do you think the single row chain is holding up under the 130# springs? I'm gathering info for my own build soon and looking at opinions on such.

Comment

look at that hunk of junk, LOL

J/K

I didnt realize u had a build thread over here, too..... Still loving reading everything.... When I get around to gettin some money together I'm goin to find a used motor and do a complete built motor, maybe we can get together to figure out best route...

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
                            How do you think the single row chain is holding up under the 130# springs? I'm gathering info for my own build soon and looking at opinions on such.
                            I'm doing mine, but I don't know if I will install the double roller or not , I'm replacing the front cover and doing the heads. I have heard that the single will hold up for quite sometime even with 130lb springs.

Comment

Enzia35: Quite a few guys on the other board have run 130's with singles without any issues.

One of the big things is getting the idle rpms to where it doesn't surge too much as I've heard the power pulse can cause premature wear of timing chains.

Joe: I'm everywhere! Just might be one of the best documented builds shy of a magazine company :)

Comment

That's what I'm hoping for, I don't feel like doing all the extra stuff necessary to run the double chain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X