Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3.8L camaro muscle car?

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
    That website I think is more opinion then fact...they state on many cars 400CI engines or bigger....but apparently the camaros z28 and SS are muscle cars...last I checked irocs has 305, and 4th gens had 350's...so they are contradicting themselves...
    The point is........your V6 isn't a muscle car.

Or maybe it is a muscle car, but thats just YOUR opinion. Its not a fact either.
    95 Camaro 3.4 convertible<br />95 Nissan Sentra GXE Twin Cam

Comment

do we not just have the upgraded version of this engine? I thought that the 3.8L in the gnx was series 1 and we have series 2/3...? whats the major difference besides the turbo..
      Everything is different, bore, stroke, cam profile, valves, heads, you name it.
      1995 Pontiac Firebird
      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

How is this thread still alive?

Not a muscle car... Pony car, like you said yourself...
        sigpic
        98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9
          How is this thread still alive?

Not a muscle car... Pony car, like you said yourself...

Yea, but some ppl don't agree its a pony car either...after thinking it through I consider the v6's as a pony car rather then a muscle car.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I wonder how many posts it took for you to believe your v6 isn't a muscle car... i also wonder how many posts just you yourself acquired in this thread, then i stop and think... why am i still in this thread?:)

Comment

Yea, but some ppl don't agree its a pony car either...after thinking it through I consider the v6's as a pony car rather then a muscle car.
              I agree with that. But all in all it just an opinion of the masses. The more the mass believes in it, the more it holds true. Most dont believe it is...

Just like I dont believe the GNX is one either...
              sigpic
              98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

ITS NOT A ****ING PONY CAR!!!!!!!!! The V6 F-Body is nothing more than a POS sports coupe, goddamn. Stop trying to boost your ego. If you want a pony car get a mustang, if you want a sports car get a 4th gen T/A or SS/Z28, if you want muscle car get a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gen with the biggest motor option. Stop trying to make your car out to be something its not. This thread is pointless and annoying.

Comment

^ did somebody get a visit from Aunt Flow?

Comment

Originally posted by IDoVoodoo
                    ^ did somebody get a visit from Aunt Flow?
                    HAHA nah, Its retarded that he thinks its a muscle car, gets owned, now thinks it a pony car. I have a 94 V6 not muscle, a friend of mine has a 96 v6 not muscle another friend of mine has a 98 T/A...borderline muscle. my 86 T/A IS muscle

Comment

this thread blew up...
                      2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2
                        HAHA nah, Its retarded that he thinks its a muscle car, gets owned, now thinks it a pony car. I have a 94 V6 not muscle, a friend of mine has a 96 v6 not muscle another friend of mine has a 98 T/A...borderline muscle. my 86 T/A IS muscle
                        actually if you read back a bunch of threads back you'll see that I actually brought the term pony car in since I said its actually a more proper term then muscle car. Since non of the camaros, firebirds, T/A were really considered muscle...that goes for your 3rd gen as well...This is merely a disscussion/debate on why something like a 3.8L gnx is considered a pony car but we are not...that is all nothing more...I've still yet to see any hard facts as to why we should not be pony cars as well...everyone keeps saying lack of power, but yet if you go back to the mustangs and what not from the 60's we are putting out more power so I'm still holding my position that we are pony cars...this has nothing to do with my ego...Im not trying to boost that I have a muscle car, nor that my car is fast...like I said, I've merely opened a discussion as to why gnx's are considered pony and we are not

Comment

You mean GNX is muscle...well thats because GM took a factor full size sedan and put a bad *** motor in it. our cars were meant to be fast...the regal wasn't. but an F-Body with a V6 is just a sports coupe...nothing more...V8 and it a sportscar. NOW my 3rdgen has a carbed 350 bypassed comp system and all that good stuff. she was a back yard build and is one mean machine

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2
                            You mean GNX is muscle...well thats because GM took a factor full size sedan and put a bad *** motor in it. our cars were meant to be fast...the regal wasn't. but an F-Body with a V6 is just a sports coupe...nothing more...V8 and it a sportscar. NOW my 3rdgen has a carbed 350 bypassed comp system and all that good stuff. she was a back yard build and is one mean machine

how is a 4th gen v8 a sportscar but your 3rd gen a muscle car? there both pony cars just like I feel the 3.8L is....muscle cars are 400+CI

Comment

screw it, everything is a muscle car.

hondas
                              benz
                              lambos

all muscle

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                              Or this

Comment

fine believe what you want...I stand by the fact that its a pony car until proven otherwise

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X