3.8L camaro muscle car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3.8L camaro muscle car?

ok...the v6 F-bodies are in absolutely no way muscle cars. they are sports cars, Z28-SS-T/A are border line, but not muscle. 1st 2nd and 3rd gen V8s ARE muscle. the GN is a muscle car cause its a FACTORY beefed up Regal T-Type.
    now my 86 T/A is DEFINITELY cause the original 5.0 is gone and theres a 350 out of a 69-72 A/G body, She runs on a carb thats just a tad too big and only needs little tweaks here and there to run with cars coming out of the factory right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
      ok we wont use the term muscle car, cause your right that is for big block engines...the more appropriate term even for the z28's is pony car...I consider us a pony car
      I can go with pony. Even when refering to the 5th gen, challenger, and new stang, everything -- books, mags, whatever, refer to it as the pony car war...
      sigpic
      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

V6 = not a muscle car. Maybe if you're one of the guys running 400+ hp turbo motors, then sure, you can have muscle car status. Otherwise... sports car.

Comment

Originally posted by Black98Fivespeed
          V6 = not a muscle car. Maybe if you're one of the guys running 400+ hp turbo motors, then sure, you can have muscle car status. Otherwise... sports car.
          classification doesnt come with how much hp you are running...its the car itself

I can go with pony. Even when refering to the 5th gen, challenger, and new stang, everything -- books, mags, whatever, refer to it as the pony car war...
          so I have another taker...3.8L camaro is a pony car then

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
            no, more like sports car

I agree thats like trying to put Corvettes in the class of the Supercars.

I love my V6 but its certainly not a muscle car, its based on a muscle car but its got alot of sportscar in it to be called Muscle car. The GNX and Turbo TransAm are completely diffrent animals if it was faster than the V8 models I suppose it would be then.

Throw a big V8 in there and you got a Muscle car.

Comment

Originally posted by Black98Fivespeed

Not even then it wouldn't be concidered a Muscle car. if it doesnt sound like it nor have all the characteristics then its not regardless of how fast it is. A TT Vette is not a Supercar and a V6 Camaro is not a Muscle car.

Comment

Actually Firebird, Camaro, Mustang, and Cuba are not even considered Muscle Cars back then. They were considered Pony Cars.

Corvette wasn't considered a Muscle Car, it was considered Sportscar.

If Vette was considered Muscle Car then it would have beatened the GTO first. But Muscle Car started off with the GTO and ever since then people or enthusiast have been defining what a muscle car is.

Check Out Rod's Performance, I can't find it right now but there's an article there on Defining a Muscle Car. I remember the article saying that Muscle Cars are crude, unreliable, and cheap ...ouch

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Gnx has a 3.8L engine so do we
                  you keep coming back to this. there is no comparison between the GNX 3.8 and a v6 fbody 3.8. none. its not even close.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                    you keep coming back to this. there is no comparison between the GNX 3.8 and a v6 fbody 3.8. none. its not even close.
                    Comparing the GNX 3.8l and the 3800 Series II engine is like comparing apples and shoes, there is NO similarity to eithe for the exception of displacement. NEITHER of these to engines have interchangable parts on ANY level, whether it be the bottom or top end. They are two radically different engines, STOP COMPARING THEM. A Buick V6 is simply a marvel in engineering performance, while the 3800 Series II was made for top efficiency.

But LETZRIDE....you CANNOT compare both of these engines, they are WAY too different from one another.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

thats my point.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

i think that "muscle cars" are cars that came out during 60's and 70's era.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                          Comparing the GNX 3.8l and the 3800 Series II engine is like comparing apples and shoes, there is NO similarity to eithe for the exception of displacement. NEITHER of these to engines have interchangable parts on ANY level, whether it be the bottom or top end. They are two radically different engines, STOP COMPARING THEM. A Buick V6 is simply a marvel in engineering performance, while the 3800 Series II was made for top efficiency.

But LETZRIDE....you CANNOT compare both of these engines, they are WAY too different from one another.
                          do we not just have the upgraded version of this engine? I thought that the 3.8L in the gnx was series 1 and we have series 2/3...? whats the major difference besides the turbo..
                          Last edited by LETZRIDE; 02-04-2008, 05:40 PM.

Comment

IMO, the REAL muscle cars died out about the time they began throwing plastic parts onto cars.

There are so many different categories, subcategories, and opinions about types of cars that you'll just find yourself arguing over the smallest details. If you want to get technical about it, check out this site. http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...finition.shtml
                            I'm sure they can give you a textbook definition.

Other than that, someone's always going to say it's this or that... it all comes down to opinion and experience.
                            '99 Camaro
                            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                              do we not just have the upgraded version of this engine? I thought that the 3.8L in the gnx was series 1 and we have series 2/3...? whats the major difference besides the turbo..
                              Heads, cam, intake, bottom end, ect. The whole engine is different, its like comparing a LT1 to an LS1 and saying the LS1 is an upgraded LT1.
                              1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006
                                IMO, the REAL muscle cars died out about the time they began throwing plastic parts onto cars.

There are so many different categories, subcategories, and opinions about types of cars that you'll just find yourself arguing over the smallest details. If you want to get technical about it, check out this site. http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...finition.shtml
                                I'm sure they can give you a textbook definition.

Other than that, someone's always going to say it's this or that... it all comes down to opinion and experience.

That website I think is more opinion then fact...they state on many cars 400CI engines or bigger....but apparently the camaros z28 and SS are muscle cars...last I checked irocs has 305, and 4th gens had 350's...so they are contradicting themselves...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X