Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RAGE'S transformation

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
    I start college in may also. I've had offers given I turned down 3, 500 once. And I still wouldn't sell it. I don't know if any one here is the same as me but this car is a go drive , have fun with, get away from stuff , and just drive for no reason kind of car. Thats what I use it for now.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    That's awesome. I used to be just like you with doing all the labor myself. It was a great way to figure out where I wanted to go in life. Now, years later, I'm a couple semesters away from my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and I really owe it to having my camaro (RIP). I know you still have a couple years before you declare a major, but do you have any sense in what you want to study? From the work you have been doing you'd have a good career as an engineer doing some field work! You just gotta get through the mathematics and stress of the education first.
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyler View Post
      That's awesome. I used to be just like you with doing all the labor myself. It was a great way to figure out where I wanted to go in life. Now, years later, I'm a couple semesters away from my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and I really owe it to having my camaro (RIP). I know you still have a couple years before you declare a major, but do you have any sense in what you want to study? From the work you have been doing you'd have a good career as an engineer doing some field work! You just gotta get through the mathematics and stress of the education first.
      Yes sir I'm going for an automotive technician. Companies I'm shooting for are porche , lamborgini, high end and gm maybe ford . Its not really a college but me learning and building more on top of what I learned in high school.and getting a well paid career in that field.

Comment

Nice, don't forget Jaguar. A buddy of mine left Chevy for Jaguar and has no regrets and makes nearly twice as much. Keep it up! :tup:
        96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

• Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
          I've seen one other 'bird on LS1tech with no spoiler and from the angles they took pics from, it looked a lot like a Ford Probe.. I've always been curious about removing the T/A wing and trying a flat, drag style wing straight off the deck though..
          Where would you get one of those? I've only seen them on legit drag cars they look nice

Comment

You just make it out of a piece of sheet metal, and use tubing or flat steel for the supports.

Comment

Unless you're doing in excess of 150 mph in the 1/4 it's impractical
              Last edited by Tyler; 03-13-2014, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Wow , thats pretty insane.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You would have to custom fabricate something up... I was thinking something a little smaller though and more aesthetically pleasing.

Tyler, is that your car? Any more pics of that setup?
                  aka FreedStyle
                  Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                  2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                    You would have to custom fabricate something up... I was thinking something a little smaller though and more aesthetically pleasing.

Tyler, is that your car? Any more pics of that setup?
                    Haha, I wish! I just googled "fbody drag spoilers"

here's another angle of it.

if you google "blown z build" you'll find tons of pictures and information

http://youtu.be/JuIL32cHOhs
                    Last edited by Tyler; 03-13-2014, 07:55 PM. Reason: added video link

Comment

• That's too long for my taste as a daily lol

Comment

That's very clean for a drag car.

Comment

• So any answer over my question guys? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
                            So any answer over my question guys? Lol

What was the question again?
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Question about the engine and gaskets and stuff? I would just collect all the hardware and gaskets for now and keep an eye out for an engine. If a good deal pops up, then go for it. That's exactly what I did. As far as letting it sit, either you can buy one and let it sit until you're ready to work on it, or you can let the parts dealer let it sit until you're ready to buy one. Either way the engine is going to sit. If you can control the climate and moisture of where the engine is stored, that would be great, but being in Texas, you probably don't have too much to worry about.
                              aka FreedStyle
                              Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                              2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                                Question about the engine and gaskets and stuff? I would just collect all the hardware and gaskets for now and keep an eye out for an engine. If a good deal pops up, then go for it. That's exactly what I did. As far as letting it sit, either you can buy one and let it sit until you're ready to work on it, or you can let the parts dealer let it sit until you're ready to buy one. Either way the engine is going to sit. If you can control the climate and moisture of where the engine is stored, that would be great, but being in Texas, you probably don't have too much to worry about.
                                All I can find is 100000 + engine and those are l26 blocks coming from 08 , 07 grand prixes. The l36 I find are way worse in mialage . The best I found was a black from a buick I for got the car it was from but it had 17000 miles with documents. But it was in Oklahoma. And thry wanted 1000

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X