Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RAGE'S transformation

Is it throwing any DTC codes?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• No sir other than the same common things from before which were a knock sensor bank 2 and tranny slipping in 4th and that's it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Comment

• So I started her up today and it turns on instantly but that noise from before is now 2 times louder. I tried reving it a bit and wanted to die at low rpms but at high rpms it rins more smooth.
        And idles ok other than a what sounds like is a miss fire.

But now I can take it off the insurance policy and save more $.
        I'm curently waiting on some heads and cam to be pulled from some ones engine.

Quick question tho guys, any upper and lower intake from the l36 from 98-02 are tge same no matter what right?

Comment

99-02 are the same

Comment

• Well I'm about to buy upper and lower ported intake mainfolds

And I'm waiting on abbott racing stage 1 heads and intense stage 3 n/a cam
            Along with some lifter and the double roller timing chain that is needed for the heads and cam.

But I was just reading intense website on the cam and it say I will need to increase the rpm shifting or red line by 400 and I stall a 3500 stall on my a4.
            Is that true? I can under stand the stall since the power hits at top rpms but the red line change how would that be accomplished?

Comment

You can get a tune or buy Hptuners to raise shift points. If your keeping the car for awhile I would just buy Hptuners since you'll need to tune for the cam and heads anyway. I would also add a wideband O2 to your list, its easier to tune with a wideband O2. I would think a stall would be optional. You don't have to have a aftermarket one, would be your choice.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Yea the wide band is already on the list along with the tuner, rods(need to be mesured).liw mile engine, arp studs, nes pulley tentioner, oil pick up tube Nd filter adaptor, and some misc sensors. I have been thinking on adding s switch panel to put some switches for idk what yet

This intake that I just purchased has the ports a bit bigger any idea How I'm would get gaskets for it?
                Would I need to buy a sheet of the gasket material and cut it out ?

As for gaskets what the best to go for? As a whole kit all the gaskets for the entire engine

Comment

I would just use a stock gasket and just trim it with a razor blade so it fits. Rockauto would have entire gasket sets like felpro's.

Comment

Stick a stock set of gaskets to the manifolds with gasket-maker, and after it sets up just use a die grinder with a sandpaper bit. It'll take the edge of the gasket right off so they're port matched.

Comment

• All right guys im making a perts list for the build and I need some heads studs any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Tapatalk

Comment

My current engine has ARP head studs in it. It's seeping coolant through the lower front stud on the drivers side, but I think we didn't put enough sealant on it when we installed them. The new motor is getting Fel-Pro head bolts.
                        aka FreedStyle
                        Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                        2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

I also have ARP headstuds, the only pain is having to grind down the headers to get them to fit. CFreed11 I don't think the lower studs go into water jackets, I only did the longer studs with thread sealant(studs that are in the heads) and its not leaking at all, could be wrong though I haven't found any info on which head bolts are which.

Comment

• So arp head studs and bolts then are the way to go huh?

Comment

All 8 studs/bolts go into the water jacket. Atleast on my series 3 they do.
                              aka FreedStyle
                              Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                              2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

I might be in trouble then,LOL Looks like I might have to go ahead and redo the heads and install the cam etc. Its not losing any coolant though, I think the stop leak I put in it is probably on the short studs, I know when I pulled the longer studs in the heads the stop leak was all over the studs. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X