Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RAGE'S transformation

Check car-part.com
    A quick search of the Dallas area showed several under $1,000 with less than 30,000 miles. That's how I found the one that I WAS going to buy, but I stumbled on the 58k mile motor I bought for $500. Just wait to buy the engine until you're ready, but keep some cash on hand and ready in case a good deal does pop up on craigslist.
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

And you want an '05+ l26. They all have the stronger bottom ends.
      aka FreedStyle
      Chaddrich Freed

Comment

• Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
        And you want an '05+ l26. They all have the stronger bottom ends.
        Yea that's why I want and 05 or newer. But wouldn't the l36 just be fine also?
        What I'm trying to achive is an engine that can make the car drift. With some wheight reduction done the the inside.

I'm thinking 270 hp somewhere around there?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I tried that website but it wants me to fill out a form of my adress. Why?

Comment

http://www.car-part.com/

You probably didn't type it in right, you shoulln't have to put in any personal information. An L36 would be fine, but good luck finding one with low miles. The L26 replaced it in the early 2000's. They are the same engine, just the L26 had slightly different heads and some '04 and all '05+ had the powdered metal rods.
            aka FreedStyle
            Chaddrich Freed

Comment

http://www.car-part.com/

You probably didn't type it in right, you shoulln't have to put in any personal information. An L36 would be fine, but good luck finding one with low miles. The L26 replaced it in the early 2000's. They are the same engine, just the L26 had slightly different heads and some '04 and all '05+ had the powdered metal rods.
              That's the same site but il try again

Comment

• It say it can't match my request . I don't unddrstad why I filled everything out on it

Comment

It should have a search box right on the homepage. You should be able to select:

-Year
                  -Make/model
                  -Part
                  -State
                  -Sort by
                  -Zip code

The next screen should ask to select the vin, then it should show you everything in thr area you searched. I've used the site from my computer, tablet, and phone and haven't had any issues.
                  aka FreedStyle
                  Chaddrich Freed

Comment

It should have a search box right on the homepage. You should be able to select:

-Year
                    -Make/model
                    -Part
                    -State
                    -Sort by
                    -Zip code

The next screen should ask to select the vin, then it should show you everything in thr area you searched. I've used the site from my computer, tablet, and phone and haven't had any issues.
                    Yea but after I put my zip in it redirects me to fill out my info...just my adresss and number

Comment

• Nvm I was putting engine block insted of just engine.

.......let the search begin :D

Comment

• Thanks by the way for the link I found several engines close to me with less than 22k.

Quick question by the way I've done my research on these engines and according to it . Any engine manufacture from 05 to 08 has the stronger bottom end correct no mater from what car it came from if its a grand prix , buick lacrosse or a Lucerne?

Comment

Correct. ALL '05+ L26's have the same bottom end. Supercharged engines (L32's) have the same rods, but lower compression pistons for the added boost.

Glad you figured it out, hopefully you can find a decent deal on there.
                          aka FreedStyle
                          Chaddrich Freed

Comment

• All right guys so today my engine literaly crapped out on me after coming home from a local car cruise n hang I went to. I bearly made it home but that engine is out. It sounds like an exhaust valve stay slightly open and missfires. So I'm not dribing it anymore at all. Not untill I have all my parts for the engine build and then I will drive it .5 miles away to a family memebers house where hopefully it will take me 2days to swap it in when the engine is done. Anyways I have some video of what it sounds like at idle and some pictures from the small meet I was at before it crapped out. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396237300902.jpg
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1538954

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFiE...e_gdata_player

Comment

• Any idea of what it guys I'm thinking its a lifter or rocker arm

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X