RAGE'S transformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RAGE'S transformation

Good to hear, sounds like the free air filter wasn't free after all. I hope you don't over oil the filter again.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Good to hear, sounds like the free air filter wasn't free after all. I hope you don't over oil the filter again.
      Yea leason learend the hard way...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Comment

Stupid question here but what's the lesson? Cant use kn filter oil because it messes up maf sensor? Reason I ask is because the same thing happened to mine a week ago. Got a p102 code. Cleaned maf with maf cleaner , result, nothing fixed. Replaced maf with junkyard maf sensor , result was car all fixed. How do we run our aftermarket cai? No oil? Run em dry? Btw Maf sensor new is around 130 bucks

Comment

Forgot to mention I too used kn oil on my cai.

Comment

I never use it, but if you do use a little bit, maybe put it on a rag and wipe down the outside of the filter so you just have a little layer on it.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I've always been leary of K&N stuff simply because of the filter oil. I've heard too many stories of MAF's destroyed thanks to excess oil. Like ssms said, if you choose to use the oil, use it sparingly.
              aka FreedStyle
              Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
              2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Thanks for that info CFreed11. Sounds like I'm replacing my cai filter today.

Comment

• Yea don't over do it. I soaked my filter in it and on that day it finaly cought up to me. Cost me 130 bucks. Could of gone to a salvage yard but I had no way there so I was like f-it I'm getting it new. So I did and the response is a bit better than the old one. Its nice to know that it won't mees up like if you had gotten a used one.

Comment

• Hey guys need some advice on the build I'm saving up for.

If I get an engine could I let it sit or should I gather up all the parts and gaskets ect then get the engine.

And so far here is what I have been up to with my bird.

Switched the hatch and took the interior out from the trunk compartment. Along with misc stuff.
                    Hopefully il take it to a drift event on the 23rd to see what its capable in its current form.

I finaly have a new dependable daily so this is under construction ]:)

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394600039292.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1538948Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394600141473.jpg
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1538949

Comment

I've never seen a bird without some kind of spoiler, it looks naked lol
                      In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                      2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Yikes, what a horror story! If it were me, I'd say screw sentimental value. For the time and money spent on that bird, you could have put yourself through college!

But to be on the supportive side, the lessons learned with all the work you've done are invaluable and good for you for sticking with it.
                        96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

• Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                          Yes...yes ut does haha I get looks from people when I do decide to drive, their trying to figure out what car it is. Lol I just like bieng diferent in all honesty man

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyler View Post
                            Yikes, what a horror story! If it were me, I'd say screw sentimental value. For the time and money spent on that bird, you could have put yourself through college!

But to be on the supportive side, the lessons learned with all the work you've done are invaluable and good for you for sticking with it.
                            I start college in may also. I've had offers given I turned down 3, 500 once. And I still wouldn't sell it. I don't know if any one here is the same as me but this car is a go drive , have fun with, get away from stuff , and just drive for no reason kind of car. Thats what I use it for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                              If you'd like il snap some more so you can see ehat I looks like frim the front lol. Uts tail happy now lol literaly

Comment

I've seen one other 'bird on LS1tech with no spoiler and from the angles they took pics from, it looked a lot like a Ford Probe.. I've always been curious about removing the T/A wing and trying a flat, drag style wing straight off the deck though..
                                aka FreedStyle
                                Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                                2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X