Muffler Flowmaster 80 series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Muffler Flowmaster 80 series

i had 3" pipe put on with a magnaflow 3in 3 out cat and a flowmaster 80 series i got from the shop to my house i parked it until my dynomax super turbo came in i refused to drive it it not only sonded bad i am pretty sure i lost power... dynomax unlocked so much more torque.
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
      i had 3" pipe put on with a magnaflow 3in 3 out cat and a flowmaster 80 series i got from the shop to my house i parked it until my dynomax super turbo came in i refused to drive it it not only sonded bad i am pretty sure i lost power... dynomax unlocked so much more torque.
      bah, they are all pretty much the same peformance wise, how could you feel any difference? :poke:

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
        bah, they are all pretty much the same peformance wise, how could you feel any difference? :poke:
        +1 they all make about the same

Comment

till you try a dynomax i don't think i would quite say that.. it was very noticeable over the flowmaster and i know for a fact i lost low end with the flowmaster.
          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
          1991 3000GT VR4
          2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Well I got the new exhaust put on last night.
            I went with a Flo Pro that looks exactly like the 80 series with 2.5 inch pipes from the outlets to the tips. Sounds very good at idle and up to around 3600rpms. Then it gets a little rasp. I'm happy with it.

Comment

I've had my 80 series on for the past 3 years and it is holding up well. Since adding the headers (and putting fresh filters on the SLP CAI), it has gotten much deeper.

OT, sadly for the Flowmaster, and happily for me, I picked up a Borla catback this past weekend cheap at a junkyard. The driver's side tailpipe is all bent but the muffler and piping is fine so...no biggie.

Comment

^sweet find man. borla ftw!
                pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by InvalidUserID View Post
                  I've had my 80 series on for the past 3 years and it is holding up well. Since adding the headers (and putting fresh filters on the SLP CAI), it has gotten much deeper.

OT, sadly for the Flowmaster, and happily for me, I picked up a Borla catback this past weekend cheap at a junkyard. The driver's side tailpipe is all bent but the muffler and piping is fine so...no biggie.
                  some ppl have all the luck lol

Comment

i keep getting great deals lol, but ya im very happy with my borla, i would stay away from the flowmaster if possible

Comment

HAH! Thanks guys.

I will say that I'm happy with how my 80 has been the past few years and it gave me what I was looking for: a deep tone that was helped out with more mods. Still has the rasp up top but thats the nature of the beast.

I'll do some clips of the 80 vs Borla in the coming weeks.

Comment

wait did you have borla before flows? or are u just comparing your 80 series to borla?
                        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                          wait did you have borla before flows? or are u just comparing your 80 series to borla?
                          I have the 80 series right now with the Borla sitting, waiting to be installed. I'll do a video of the 80 now and then one of the Borla after I swap them. I'm hoping for a noticable difference from the I-pipe as well (currently 3" non-mandrel I-pipe vs. 3" mandrel-bent Borla I-pipe).

Comment

ahh i see, i was about to be very upset if you went from borla back to flowmaster lol.

looking forward to the clips!

sigpic

Comment

I suppose how you mix and match exhaust parts with supporting mods changes tone and noticable gains for everyone........so I find it difficult to 'splain to anyone what will work for any particular application. I would love to have a Borla catback, but for the $$$ i'll stick with what works for me.

Comment

exactly. everyone has their preferences and limits on how much they can spend. i'm glad borla is more expensive so everyone doesnt have it, and i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

honestly, i've spent waaaay too much on my full exhaust just to get it the way i want, but everytime i start up the 'maro and hear it or someone gives me a compliment on the exhaust, it assures me that i made the right decision haha.

i did, however, have flowmaster for years before i upgraded and was pleased with it at the time, so to each his own.

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X