• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler Flowmaster 80 series

1997 Camaro 3.8 M5
    Magnaflow in/out 2.5 cat
    Stock Piping

Im current running a dynomax super turbo dual outlet single inlet muffler. Its really quiet on my car and I'm thinking about getting a Flowmaster 80 series(I had one on before the dynomax)

I've read a ton of threads around the internet saying how restrictive these mufflers are to the exhaust. It appears there are now 2 types of the muffler. The old one that I had (15inch case length, 2.5 in/2.5 dual out) and the newer 17inch case lenth, 3.0in in/2.5 dual out. Has anyone had any experience with the newer larger one on their v6s? I'm debating on which one to buy since I have stock 2.25 inch piping and just want to leave it that way.

Re: Muffler Flowmaster 80 series

dont buy flowmaster. they are short term junk
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

i have flowmaster, i love for it the money, im not sure what size it is but u wont see enough performance to matter anyways (not from just a muffler anyways)

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
        i have flowmaster, i love for it the money, im not sure what size it is but u wont see enough performance to matter anyways (not from just a muffler anyways)
        if your running stock pipe, then venom is right, you will see no gains regardless of muffler piping.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

^ ya he says stock piping (like me).... so not much gains 1-2HP maybe

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
            ^ ya he says stock piping (like me).... so not much gains 1-2HP maybe
            i say no gains... at all.. itll sound like your going faster if that helps?
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

think it's more about the "tone" here gentlemen...

15 inches 2.5 in/2.5 out vs. 17 inches 3.0 in/2.5 out.

I would think the 17 inch would howl more...meaning be throatier...depending the way the chambers are laid out...not because of the actual inlet but maybe the extra two inch of surface area?

Comment

So I might as well just get the 2.5 in/out one then? What kind of gains are made with the Flowmaster American Thunder 2.5 catback? Engine is stock except for SLP cold air intake and AC delete.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2088 View Post
                  So I might as well just get the 2.5 in/out one then? What kind of gains are made with the Flowmaster American Thunder 2.5 catback? Engine is stock except for SLP cold air intake and AC delete.
                  catbacks in general, it doesn't matter which one you get, will usually net you about 7 hp.

Comment

^+1

its more of wht tone u want when choosing brands

Comment

I have the Flowmaster American Thunder catback - and I love it! It's only 2.5" piping with 3" tips; hardly and upgrade from stock 2.25" piping. It does breathe a lil better, but hardly any rasp, and not too loud. It'l have a slightly higher tone when brand new untill it "burns in" and it gets a bit deeper. I've had people ask if its cammed, and i'll tell em yeah!! - but it's not!

Comment

^ you are a fvcking ricer

flowmaster sounds like sh!t dynomax FTW
                        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                        1991 3000GT VR4
                        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
                          ^ you are a fvcking ricer

flowmaster sounds like sh!t dynomax FTW
                          uncalled for sir, flowmaster is nowhere close to ricer

Comment

i have owned one and yes it is but i wasn't even calling flowmaster a ricer i was calling dafirebird a ricer for telling people his car is cammed that is a very ricer thing to do...
                            2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                            1991 3000GT VR4
                            2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
                              i have owned one and yes it is but i wasn't even calling flowmaster a ricer i was calling dafirebird a ricer for telling people his car is cammed that is a very ricer thing to do...
                              haha oops i missed the part about the cam

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X