X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Muffler Flowmaster 80 series

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00 View Post
    dont buy flowmaster. they are short term junk
    *sigh* Gotta love the "don't get that, it's ****" posts when they don't mention an alternative.

I purchased my Flowmaster 80 series 4 years ago for my 97 camaro, and it's still working fine. I liked the throaty rumble it had at idle, but in the higher rpms it would sound pretty much like vr4gasm said, especially when I let off the gas and took it outta gear. But with that said, to this day I like the way it sounds. Albeit, it's now catless and now lets out the growl of an LS1: it works nicely

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
      ^ ya he says stock piping (like me).... so not much gains 1-2HP maybe
      you will see no gains at all. i'll try to dig up a thread where that was proven via dyno

Originally posted by screamin 99 View Post
      catbacks in general, it doesn't matter which one you get, will usually net you about 7 hp.
      that is absolutely incorrect. back that up with facts please?

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
      ^ you are a fvcking ricer

flowmaster sounds like sh!t dynomax FTW
      I just installed my dynomax exhaust to be a bit more stealthy with the powerdyne setup and that is by far the best exhaust I have had (i've been through 5 different exhausts on my firebird, flowcrapster, custom summit turbo exhaust, rumbler, straight pipes, and now my dynomax)

a flowmaster on stock pipes will sound worse then a chorus of farts at a nursing home. don't waste you money to sound "cool"

Comment

^ you are a fvcking ricer

flowmaster sounds like sh!t dynomax FTW
        X2 I have had a Flowmaster 40 & 80 both sound like crap, Dynomax FTW!
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I just installed a Magnaflow catback on my car and I like it.
          Stephane<br />1999 Camaro m5 Black/Red<br />1999 GSX-R 750 Black/Red

Comment

I just like the Dynomax because it is the first muffler that when I go up to 6000 rpms there still isn't no rasp , thay and the Summit turbo muffler but it was too quiet. Dynomax Super Turbo great idle and all the way up, even if I throw it in N and rev it, it sounds great. I never heard a magnaflow in person.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              I just like the Dynomax because it is the first muffler that when I go up to 6000 rpms there still isn't no rasp , thay and the Summit turbo muffler but it was too quiet. Dynomax Super Turbo great idle and all the way up, even if I throw it in N and rev it, it sounds great. I never heard a magnaflow in person.
              i will second the no rasp! after having loud exhausts i believe a nice toned quiet exhaust is the way to go. once you get on the throttle the dynomax is plenty loud, and it sounds great all the way to the redline.

Comment

i have owned one and yes it is but i wasn't even calling flowmaster a ricer i was calling dafirebird a ricer for telling people his car is cammed that is a very ricer thing to do...
                Well then!!

Call me what you want, but I don't purposely tell people my car is cammed, just the 1 or 2 idiots who couldn't tell the difference anyway, and because they asked "hey is your car cammed?" Most everybody knows better.......

Anyway, I was just trying to give the OP an idea of what it MAY sound like. I know every car will sound different, but on my 2002 Firebird, the Flowmaster American Thunder sounds good (to me) and I can't stand ANY sort of rice. I never rev high and ley off standing still - no need. So I really don't know of it's raspy at high rpm with no load. It does have a nice grumble at idle, and a mid-tone purr at WOT all the way up to 100mph.

I don't understand why everyone is so against Flowmaster. I've never had the 40 or 80 series, just whatever the American Thunder catback is.

Just wait till Vanbibber gets a hold of this thread - I'm sure he'll REALLY put me in my place!!!! Maby he'll even shove flowmaster up my a$$!!!
                Last edited by dafirebird; 06-23-2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

the american thunder is an 80 series you pos ricer..... and just like a ricer to come up with an excuse... well it was only 2 idiots.. suuure.... you probably have a windshield banner that says "hey my slow v6 camaro is ****!n cammed bitttches!" lol
                  2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                  1991 3000GT VR4
                  2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

^HAHAHAHAHAHA.......hey - how did you know about my windshield sign?? Exept mine says FIREBIRD instead of Camaro. Dumb a$$!

Hey, this bashing is kinda fun, should do this more often w/you guys.....

BTW - my old screen name is Z38CAMARO......hehehe
                    Last edited by dafirebird; 06-23-2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dafirebird View Post
                      ^HAHAHAHAHAHA.......hey - how did you know about my windshield sign?? Exept mine says FIREBIRD instead of Camaro. Dumb a$$!

Hey, this bashing is kinda fun, should do this more often w/you guys.....

BTW - my old screen name is Z38CAMARO......hehehe
                      dude your my hero with your flowcrapster and 750 hp tranny.

didn't you say your car was cammed in an earlier thread? it also put down 260 hp?

can a mod please ban this kid?

Comment

well im not a ricer, and the flowmaster does not rasp unless u out it in neutral. sounds best at WOT from 0-80 (haven't been past that)

Comment

no comments on the slp loudmouth? i hear it's supposed to be the loudest out there?

btw, i have a flowmaster catback and it does its job for the 250$ i paid for it....

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
                            no comments on the slp loudmouth? i hear it's supposed to be the loudest out there?

btw, i have a flowmaster catback and it does its job for the 250$ i paid for it....
                            the tsp rumbler is pretty much the exact same, and imo it sounded much better when I removed the bullet muffler. 3" straight pipes had less rasp then the rumbler

Comment

Originally posted by arcticbird45 View Post
                              dude your my hero with your flowcrapster and 750 hp tranny.

didn't you say your car was cammed in an earlier thread? it also put down 260 hp?

can a mod please ban this kid?
                              Dude - relax - I was jokin' around when I said my old screen name was z38camaro. Why would my name be Camaro when I have a Firebird?

Anyway, I stand by my Flowmaster American Thunder catback. Like venom3300 said, it's not that bad. Not much of an upgrade, and no noticeable gains, but sounds ok.

vr4gasm - I am no pro, didn't know the Amer. Thund. was 80 series.

Paul

Comment

my flowmaster 80 sounded like horse****, it was good at idle, but driving was embarrassing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X