X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best way to deepen exhaust tone?

Originally posted by Niko97RS
    idk how anyone car bash flowmaster....i have it on my car and i love it....ive hear the rumbler an i dont like it. ive heard borla an it sounds smooth like a G35....which for our cars i hate. i want a choppy rumble that sounds cammed. and when i finally get my headers in...ill get an exhaust clip up here and ull all thnk otherwise...

go to exhaust sound clips in this section and click W68firebird an tell me that exhaust sounds bad...come on. i dare ya
    flowmaster is known for its bang for the buck. not its amazing quality and tone and perfomance. i have a borla, and i dare you to tell me sir that it sounds smooth like a G35.
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
      idk how anyone car bash flowmaster....i have it on my car and i love it....ive hear the rumbler an i dont like it. ive heard borla an it sounds smooth like a G35....which for our cars i hate. i want a choppy rumble that sounds cammed. and when i finally get my headers in...ill get an exhaust clip up here and ull all thnk otherwise...

go to exhaust sound clips in this section and click W68firebird an tell me that exhaust sounds bad...come on. i dare ya
      Well you dared me and I feel that sounds terrible at WOT. At idle and up through 3000rpm it sounded OK but there are still other exhausts that sound better for the same price... like magnaflow. Also borla is not smooth like a G35, in fact with the different plates you can tune it from mild to obscene.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by T-Punk
        Well you dared me and I feel that sounds terrible at WOT. At idle and up through 3000rpm it sounded OK but there are still other exhausts that sound better for the same price... like magnaflow. Also borla is not smooth like a G35, in fact with the different plates you can tune it from mild to obscene.

Flowmaster rocks cuz it's got a choppy tone that makes my car sound like a beast

EDIT: NO name calling child- BLLDOGG
        Last edited by BLLDOGG; 05-13-2007, 06:18 PM.

Comment

That's not what you mom says :P . JK If you like it more power to ya for I'm gonna venture that you haven't heared many other exhaust setups in person. I'm done with this post, it has gone to hell. Also take note that most of the senior members don't tend to like flowmaster, there is a reason for that.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Threads like these is why I lock these things. I figured I would give this one a chance for civility but I lost that bet
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_jimi
              For a legal setup, an aftermarket cat and a Flowmaster 40 Series (only one outlet, but it has a nice tone for the V6) Most anything else will sound like rice when revved in the higher RPMs. You might loose some torque if you increase the diameter of the pipe, but I doubt very much.

TJ
              YOU DO NOT LOOSE TORQUE WITH LARGER PIPING!!! :mad:
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X