This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best way to deepen exhaust tone?

first off i have a flowmaster 80 series catback with high flow cat, and it sounds awesome, a nice low rumble..... anyhow sorry to ask, but what is the function of a cut out... what does it physically do to change the sound of the exhaust?

Comment

It is a mini y-pipe that has a cover on one side that you can remove to make it straight pipes. Also the flowmaster does indeed suck when compared to other exhausts and is just sad as far as performance goes... sorry.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by T-Punk
        It is a mini y-pipe that has a cover on one side that you can remove to make it straight pipes. Also the flowmaster does indeed suck when compared to other exhausts and is just sad as far as performance goes... sorry.
        did you hear me diss OTHER exhausts? nope... i'm happy with my flowmaster

Comment

if u get a flowmaster 40 leave it a single outlet...if u want dual get somthing else...these aint meant for dual...sounds like crap and quiet! anybody tried the new aero exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by BobDoLe
            dragonball27 has one on his.
            Who's that?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
              did you hear me diss OTHER exhausts? nope... i'm happy with my flowmaster
              Dude, seriously you need to be able to take criticism. I'm not the only one who feels this way about the flowmaster. Many people don't like my exhaust either because it's to tame but I don't care. I have the cutout for the track.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by BobDoLe
                dragonball27 has one on his.
                Ha Ha STOP highlighting my post! There's nothing hidden here....

:)
                09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

3.4 < 3.8 < 5.7

use that chart.
                  Dave:
                  00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                  97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Quick question for everyone that disses flowmaster...

Have any of you guys ever tried flowmaster before?? I get less rasp than most of you guys complain about with your other exhaust systems, so I don't see why everyone talks so poorly about it...
                    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                      Who's that?
                      :poke:

i thought flowmaster's thing was the sound

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti

Have any of you guys ever tried flowmaster before?? I get less rasp than most of you guys complain about with your other exhaust systems, so I don't see why everyone talks so poorly about it...

when have i complained about rasp? I love my sound. I've heard flowmaster, and besides the additional rasp i heard compared to mine, it just wasn't a good sound imo. It's not like i'm saying it's complete and utter crap. Like I said, it's a big improvement over stock, performance and sound, but it's definitely not the best out there for the car.
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

best way = cam

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti

ive had flowmasters on my camaro, and have heard flowmasters on a friends camaro. i just dont like them. i had an 80 series with headers and i still didnt like the sound of it. it didnt sound horrible, and performed well, but i overall wasnt happy with the sound. ive had 3-4 setups on my current car and wouldnt change it even if i could do it for free. i think the people that love their flowmasters do so because they havent heard anything else on their car, and it IS a great improvement over stock, even if it is raspy... so they like it. and more power to them, if you like it.. great! its just not for me..
                            Dave:
                            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

idk how anyone car bash flowmaster....i have it on my car and i love it....ive hear the rumbler an i dont like it. ive heard borla an it sounds smooth like a G35....which for our cars i hate. i want a choppy rumble that sounds cammed. and when i finally get my headers in...ill get an exhaust clip up here and ull all thnk otherwise...

go to exhaust sound clips in this section and click W68firebird an tell me that exhaust sounds bad...come on. i dare ya

Comment

Summit turbo mufflers FTW.
                                \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  2 days ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X