Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: !!egr

Originally posted by 97rs4life
    I personally deleted it actually. I thought it was were my tick was coming from so I ripped it off and blocked it. Removed the codes and moved on. Still had the tick though, time to swap the injectors and see if it gets rid of it. Car is in storage though now so this spring I will look into it more.

I did have some KR n/a that I had to tune out, but didn't notice any performance loss

Deleted mine to. Will the codes say off? I deleted the code and left it on, I guess thats why it came back.

Comment

I have hp tuners so I totally turned off the code, yours will come back once it runs the test again I believe.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok so thats all I need? Can you give me some info about HP Tuners?

Comment

what year car do you have? www.hptuners.com it is a tuning program to tune your car with

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
            what is the code? I'm not making the running rich connection in my head right now.

i believe it was something like EGR malfunction or something close to that... i went home and cleaned it but code still comes on

Comment

Originally posted by F-Body_SS-Man
              ok so thats all I need? Can you give me some info about HP Tuners?
              Or you can just buy my egr sim with block off plates

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=75811
              Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
              New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by xcdarrel17
                Or you can just buy my egr sim with block off plates

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=75811
                egr sim is garbage. if you want to do it right tune it out
                1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                1994 Camaro - Sold
                1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

actually, I see it the same

You delete the code using tuning software... the ECM will Still reference the EGR tables and be using those tables.

You use a sim... same

Please correct me if I'm wrong
                  2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                    actually, I see it the same

You delete the code using tuning software... the ECM will Still reference the EGR tables and be using those tables.

You use a sim... same

Please correct me if I'm wrong
                    the egr sim works just as good. "Tom Rs" just has a hatred for it because he bought one that was defective and zzp didn't fix his problem so he tells everyone to stay away from them when in fact I have heard of many people using them with great success.

Comment

thats a good excuse

I'm gonna be in the same boat as him then and say: I dont like HPT cause it only does the same thing as an EGR Sim, and the EGR tables are Still referenced (used). I wish I could delete the EGR tables altogether and not just a DTC
                      lol
                      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                        thats a good excuse

I'm gonna be in the same boat as him then and say: I dont like HPT cause it only does the same thing as an EGR Sim, and the EGR tables are Still referenced (used). I wish I could delete the EGR tables altogether and not just a DTC
                        lol
                        Wouldn't deleting the DTC code and then setting the EGR min IAT setting to a really high amount in theory elimate all tables of EGR that get referenced since we don't have any tables to modify in HP tuners? That is what I did when I deleted it is put that temp way high and turned the DTC code off

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                          "Tom Rs" just has a hatred for it because he bought one that was defective and zzp didn't fix his problem so he tells everyone to stay away from them when in fact I have heard of many people using them with great success.
                          I cant endorse a product that i have not had success with
                          1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                          1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
                            I cant endorse a product that i have not had success with
                            understandable, but doesn't mean it doesn't work at all. You got a defective one or something and that is the way things go sometimes. Every product fails for someone but that doesn't mean that nobody should buy them because one failed. We would have no products being made if that was the case

Comment

yes but a tune cant fail. no code to throw = no ses light just my .02 its the safe bet
                              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                              1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Travis you are right!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X