!!egr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!egr

Yes, this is gonna make me sound like an idiot.

Travis and BLLDOGG,

Why do you 2 say that removing the !EGR will just cause problems for N/A cars?
    I want a good explanation!
    I will delete this worthless thread once I figure out why Im an idiot! :spank:
    Thanks
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Re: !!egr

your car is designed to have the small amount of recirculated gas at times to lower combustion chamber temp below 2500 degrees in the hope to prevent NOX, a cause of smog. not having the egr gases when your computer thinks it should be there will cause spark knock, overheating and especially emission test failure. it also says with excessive NOX emissions, concerns may include engine pinging or detonation, engine over heating and lack of power.

I just learned this today in class. Might have heard it in vo-tech but I sure as heck do not remember. might as well keep it up for people to see.

might check out this book...its awesome. For someone like you, who cares, I think you would really like it
    http://www.bordersstores.com/search/...chType=Keyword

I myself have the tube unhooked from the header which means I'm running lean when the EGR is engaged. the o2s might be picking it up and adjusting which means I'm lucky but in my circumstance, you will usually run lean out of parameters and get a code. I will be fighting the Devil himself in trying to get that thing hooked back up. I have noticed some lose in power and fuel economy in the time frame of when i did this.
    Last edited by BLLDOGG; 01-31-2007, 07:23 PM.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

thanks alot
      I hated to start a new thread but the old one was closed.
      You and travis were not on AIM (all day)

Im not to fond of the GM VCM. (too many tables reference each other)
      As far as KR, detonation and overheating, I will watch and see
      My engine doesnt get hot enough, gonna leave the 160* in there and
      just change my fan settings (the HyperTech recommended is tooo cold)

EGR is an ingenious idea
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

these days, they are starting to use cam fazzers to close the exhaust valves sooner to hold in a little exhaust to do the same thing. pretty interesting stuff. I am all for this EPA stuff cause every time the feds kick up the requirements, the engineers get smart, make the engines even more efficient and usually only have to compensate slightly for emission standards.

Comment

I personally deleted it actually. I thought it was were my tick was coming from so I ripped it off and blocked it. Removed the codes and moved on. Still had the tick though, time to swap the injectors and see if it gets rid of it. Car is in storage though now so this spring I will look into it more.

I did have some KR n/a that I had to tune out, but didn't notice any performance loss
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

cant wait for electronic servo / solenoid switched valvetrains

Comment

I would bet my life on the fact that the new Camaro v6s will have these cams and the ls2 will at least have active fuel management.

Comment

the LS2 dam well better have at least DOD / AFM!
                Thats cool, it turns off the lifters on 2 cylinders

Comment

hate to take over the thread but could my EGR cause my running rich I get an SES light and the code is the EGR but the light only stays on from 20-30 seconds??

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                    the LS2 dam well better have at least DOD / AFM!
                    Thats cool, it turns off the lifters on 2 cylinders
                    4 cylinders

Comment

Originally posted by black95maro
                      hate to take over the thread but could my EGR cause my running rich I get an SES light and the code is the EGR but the light only stays on from 20-30 seconds??
                      what is the code? I'm not making the running rich connection in my head right now.
                      Last edited by BLLDOGG; 01-31-2007, 09:03 PM.

Comment

right, thanks for the correction
                        cause just taking out 2 would be baadd..
                        have you heard of the xv16? choose between 4, 8, or 16 cylinders

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                          right, thanks for the correction
                          cause just taking out 2 would be baadd..
                          have you heard of the xv16? choose between 4, 8, or 16 cylinders
                          I have not. what is it in or going to be in?

Comment

Info on Active Fuel management:
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Fuel_Management

Info on the Cadillac xv16:
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Sixteen
                            over 1000hp/1000tq stock with 32 valves and 13.6 liters! woohoo

Comment

hmmmmm....thats one sexy caddy. Don't believe I have ever seen that concept

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X