Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flowmaster 80 and no Cat

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
    read the original post of this thread... ;)
    Umm, I said with a cat. He said his doesn't have a cat. Thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Beast
      When I first got my Camaro, it had a really nice, deep growl but I wanted louder. So, I did some research and decided on the 80 series also. Turns out that I already had an 80 series on and I wasted $90! I'm confused though because everywhere I read everyone says that the Flowmaster is really loud, yet it doesn't seem loud to me at all. Maybe its because I have the cat on? My mom and girlfriend say its loud, but to me its not loud at all. Inside I don't have a problem talking when I'm giving it lotsa gas, and I can hear the radio when its on really low. Maybe theres a problem with my car? I dunno, but louder would be better!
      V6 or V8?
      I still drive my 91 camaro as my daily, but I would love it to be louder. I still have the stock cat on it, and dont want to take it off because of gas mileage. So here's my questions:
      1. How much is an average aftermarket Cat that gives better flow?
      2. I have no clue which flowmaster i have on there now, is there anyway to check other than having a muffler shop check it out?
      3. The 80 series. How did it sound when going down the road, because mine sounds good on low RPM(take off), but it fades out as you go down the road.

I'd really appreciate it. I want to make sure I have things straight before I waste my money on something I do not need. I'm a 19 year old college student, I cant afford to waste money.

Comment

And not sure if this helps, but this is the number imprinted on my flowmaster:

Comment

Originally posted by Camaroguy1991
          Umm, I said with a cat. He said his doesn't have a cat. Thanks though.
          my bad.. i read your post wrong
          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

no problem.

Comment

V6 or V8?
              1. How much is an average aftermarket Cat that gives better flow?
              2. I have no clue which flowmaster i have on there now, is there anyway to check other than having a muffler shop check it out?
              3. The 80 series. How did it sound when going down the road, because mine sounds good on low RPM(take off), but it fades out as you go down the road.
              I have a 3.4L V6.
              1. Magnaflow car sound high flow cats cost about $60 plus installation.
              2. I did not know that there was more then one version of the 80 series.
              3. Very loud. Interior noise was very bad. I liked the exterior noise, but the interior noise will give you a headache.

Comment

2. I didnt say there was another version, i just didnt know which series i have on mine right now.

So with no cat it is loud inside the car? Or with the magnaflow its too loud inside?

Comment

2. I didnt say there was another version, i just didnt know which series i have on mine right now.

So with no cat it is loud inside the car? Or with the magnaflow its too loud inside?
                  If you have 1 inlet with 2 tail pipes then you have the 80 series.

Without the cat it was too loud. With the cat it is just fine.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd
                    If you have 1 inlet with 2 tail pipes then you have the 80 series.

Without the cat it was too loud. With the cat it is just fine.

Hope that helps.
                    well its been shown on here a few times that there are other styles of the 40 and 80 series that make the "1 inlet 2 outlet" rule not necessarily true... but, yes, for most of the time that is the case.
                    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

yea mine is that way i believe. maybe ill drill some holes in the muffler and save some money lol.

Comment

personally i think Flow 80 and no cats sounds really good...Unless it has Z tips on it. When it goes from the pipes to those narrow rectangle tips it gives it too hjigh of a cackle... Thats jus my thought on it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X