Flowmaster 80 and no Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flowmaster 80 and no Cat

Thank for the help. I installed a high flow cat and a resonator. I have all the details in my other thread. It sounds great now.

Comment

how loud is the 80 series with a cat on a v6?

Comment

Originally posted by Camaroguy1991
        how loud is the 80 series with a cat on a v6?
        read the original post of this thread... ;)
        2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

ah loud is good.. I have the 80 and still have the cat and set off alarms in the parking garage at school every day.... I love that... cause most guys have rice... although there are 4 other camaro's in the garage...

Comment

thats cool man. glad you liked it. my friend has a 80 series with the cat tho, sounds pretty good at idle and normal driving. probably hella louder without the cat..

those tips look nice. you should just bought some used or new z28 tips for half the price..

congrats tho.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

that price is good my mechanic put mine on for $50 but thats because he is my dads friend for the past 35 years so its good to know a good mechanic and i mean this guy is good

Comment

Thanks guys. It really sounds great now. Not too loud, but you sure can hear it...

Comment

When I first got my Camaro, it had a really nice, deep growl but I wanted louder. So, I did some research and decided on the 80 series also. Turns out that I already had an 80 series on and I wasted $90! I'm confused though because everywhere I read everyone says that the Flowmaster is really loud, yet it doesn't seem loud to me at all. Maybe its because I have the cat on? My mom and girlfriend say its loud, but to me its not loud at all. Inside I don't have a problem talking when I'm giving it lotsa gas, and I can hear the radio when its on really low. Maybe theres a problem with my car? I dunno, but louder would be better!

Comment

If you have the stock cat then that is the reason. With no cat I could not hear the radio when it was low, and my kids no longer wanted to sit in the back seat because the resonation was hurting their ears. It was very loud. I like loud, but when my kids no longer liked their favorite car I had to do something. It is great now.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd
                      If you have the stock cat then that is the reason. With no cat I could not hear the radio when it was low, and my kids no longer wanted to sit in the back seat because the resonation was hurting their ears. It was very loud. I like loud, but when my kids no longer liked their favorite car I had to do something. It is great now.
                      OK, cool. That makes sense. So how much louder would a high-flow cat make it? I would rather just take the cat out, but I plan on moving to Tucson in less than a year and they require emissions testing there, and this is my only car. What sucks though is my dad thinks that this is a new cat, so taking it out would kinda be a waste of a few hundred bucks though lol. I'll probably just wait till it starts to go bad, but by that time I'm sure I'll need a new car, as this one has 140,000 miles already.

Comment

This answer will vary depending on who you ask, but I will say that a high flow cat will make it noticably louder. The problem is that the noise gets into the vehicle and resonates like crazy. If you really want it louder give it a shot, if not leave it as is in my opinion.

Comment

By the way, 100 mile road trip today, car drove great, not too loud, here is the best part....

23mpg on the highway!!!

It was getting 18. So, my question now is...

Did adding the cat help my mpg?

Did adding the resonator help?

All I know is that 23 sure beats 18.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd
                            By the way, 100 mile road trip today, car drove great, not too loud, here is the best part....

23mpg on the highway!!!

It was getting 18. So, my question now is...

Did adding the cat help my mpg?

Did adding the resonator help?

All I know is that 23 sure beats 18.
                            haha thats great. the cat probably helped a lot. usually the stock ones are all clogged up and kill gas.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

wait wait wait....so ya'll took it to the muffler shop.....and paid 175 dollars for the muffler and piping aswell as install???.......

....im thinking that all i need to buy for my 2000 camaro is a 80 series muffler.....and the pipes to make it dual so i can put it on w/ my freind....but how much are the rear exit pipes going to cost in lue of the muffler??? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAZ
                                wait wait wait....so ya'll took it to the muffler shop.....and paid 175 dollars for the muffler and piping aswell as install???.......

....im thinking that all i need to buy for my 2000 camaro is a 80 series muffler.....and the pipes to make it dual so i can put it on w/ my freind....but how much are the rear exit pipes going to cost in lue of the muffler??? thanks!
                                Do you or your friend have a welder? Pipes are usually cheap, but if you are planning on using clamps I would reconsider. Get it welded.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X