Flowmaster U-Fit Dual Catback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flowmaster U-Fit Dual Catback

good luck man. I did true duals on mine a few weeks ago. The studs holding the manifolds in are crap. Even after soaking them I had one break, plus two broke sometime ago by themselves, I still have no idea how. The one thing that might cause problems is clearance. The drivers side will be lower than stock exhaust, and if you add an h pipe it lowers the passenger side a tad too..... I dumped before the axle, but was having clearance issues on larger bumps so put some spring spacers in and practically eliminated the problem, eventually going with 17 in wheels and then there will not be clearance problems. Just saying that so you keep an eye on your clearances. But true duals are the best by far.

Comment

o yeah one more thing... you are going to have to fabricate exhaust hangers too or else the vibrations will be crazy. Not a big deal to do though. Some round metal stock, a welder and the driveshaft tunnel brace. I cut the brace, bent it over and bolted both pieces back in the original holes and then fabricated a couple of hangers from that and the pipe and hung them together with rubber exhaust hangers.

Comment

Thanks for the input man, I'm actually following the stock exhaust route for both pipes. Lots of bending and fabrication. Shouldn't have much clearance issues as Im standing on 18's, but following the stock exhaust route should help with that. I was supposed to do the job this morning but a last min family issue came up and has put it on hold. I apologize for those following my thread. I am not sure when I will get to it but def within the next couple weeks. I still want my cam before the end of august and I will make sure of it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Brians00Blackbird;1029963]Thanks for the input man, I'm actually following the stock exhaust route for both pipes. Lots of bending and fabrication. Shouldn't have much clearance issues as Im standing on 18's, but following the stock exhaust route should help with that.

Good idea.... and good luck to you, there is nothing quite like doing something yourself on the baby :D

waiting for pics when you are done

Comment

Sorry again for those of you anticipating my build, but the project is back on schedule for Tuesday. Gonna PB blast the hell out of the headers tomorrow. I think I may just run out there now and get started with the lubricating! Lol btw during my down time I ripped out the resonator of my American thunder catback and straightpiped it to the muffler. Really made a difference if anyone is interested in that mod if u have the flowmaster thunder series. Anyway I'll keep you posted

Comment

Well, the duals are finally done! long story short i ended up bringing it to a shop by me to get it completed because it got to the point where I no longer could handle the project as i lacked the tools necessary to finish it. I know an "I told you so" is in order, please dont bash me lol. Anyway got it done for $400. The guy worked on it all day from 10am to 5pm so i cant complain about the price which was just labor. Here's a clip and i took it with my iPhone so its not great but you get an idea. I dont have tips yet so i hope when i install some it will get rid of some of the raspyness but normally it disappears when I accelerate. Let me know what ya think. The car had been running for 10 min. before i took the clip when i got back from the gym. ill eventually get a cold start and a driveby. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG9KkSO0gOE&feature=plcp

Comment

Nobody wants to hear my duals? Lol...hmm what tips should I get??

Comment

Sounds good mang! I dont know what you mean by rasp? I hear none.
                  3M MAFIA
                  ________
                  | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                  Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks, maybe it's just me then?

Comment

Yeah I think it's just you. It sounds great. I want to hear a WOT clip.
                      3M MAFIA
                      ________
                      | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                      Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                      sigpic

Comment

Will do eventually but I live on long island so wide open road is not in abundance lol. I will try to get one up ASAP. All I can say is it SCREAMS!

Comment

So my duals have been nothing but a PIA, the guy installed them under the transmission brace so my driver side cat has been smashing the ground and im sure now is clogged. In addition he was lazy with the pipe on the drivers side over the axle and installed it to close to the Panhard bar in which smashes it anytime the the suspension is under stress. The rasp at WOT is intolerable as well, sounds like an angry bee. So i got a pair of borla pro xs's to install right after the thunders. Hopefully this refines the sound a bit. Once the work is done ill post another video and the routing of the exhaust

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X