Flowmaster U-Fit Dual Catback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flowmaster U-Fit Dual Catback

I bought the flowmaster stainless kit..now just need to get xr-1's and cats..does anyone know if I'll pass my inspection in NY if I delete the post cat O2 sensor? I hear it's pretty much useless..is the pre cat sensor affected by the true dual setup? This is my daily driver so I can't cut corners when it comes to inspection

Comment

Ok everyone I'm going another route with the mufflers and thinking of straying away from the typical xr-1 setup. After some searching, I am seriously considering purchasing a pair of Sweet-Thunder chambered mufflers. I know a ton of LS1 guys swear by them and I even stumbled upon a thread here with a guy who added one to his catback and loved it, said it was unlike anything he had heard. Bottom line, sounded great. They sell them in a couple of lengths and i'm thinking of going with the 24's to try to combat rasp and still have a nice loud, deep rumble. I emailed the maker and hopefully he gets back to me tomorrow to let me know what would work best. I'll keep you informed. I am hoping to get this setup together before the end of June.

Comment

Dynomax makes a great muffler might want to give them a try.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I've never liked chambered mufflers on 6's. I with ssms, dynomax makes great mufflers. I used a summit turbo-style which is similar to dynomax and it was amazing sounding.
          auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
          15.11@91.14
          Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Ok so i have pacesetter mid lengths that ive been waiting to install since im going true dual but here in lies the issue. Has anyone that went true dual done so with mid lengths? And if so how did you connect to the headers? Im thinking of just chopping up the Y but is there a better solution?

Comment

Use a ball flange kit.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                Use a ball flange kit.
                So your saying just use the ball flanges where the headers end and route pipe from that?

Comment

Yes.

They are what you should use to connect the headers to the rest of your exhaust system.

Comment

So I have everything I need for the exhaust, and I'm aiming to get it done Tuesday morning. Will try to take pic's but will def post a video for everyone to check out :banana:

Comment

Right on. Looking forward to the vids. Hope everything goes smooth.
                      3M MAFIA
                      ________
                      | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                      Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks hope so too. Tuesday I'm mapping it out and Friday it's getting installed

Comment

So took a look at everything yesterday and realized that this will be more time consuming and difficult than I originally planned. I am going over the axle and following the stock exhaust route until I reach the rear axle in which I will route the drivers side pipe out the drivers side. Yes I know I'm crazy but it's happening! Installing this Monday now early in the A.M. Starting with the headers.

Comment

Use tons of pb blaster on the stock header bolts. Might even start spraying them now to help get it all loosened up.

Comment

I'm with him, I soaked mine for days before I took my old ones out. Did the same thing on the lt1 bolts as well.

Comment

Yeah heard that was the best course of action. I find it strange though how lubricant reaches the grooves since the bolts face downward. Thanks for the input will be soaking them the next few days. I am stoked for Monday morning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X