Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Copper header gaskets

Ordered mine last night... good find...
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I've been looking for some good gaskets for my 3.4 thanks for the info.

Comment

sweet, looks like my warehouse can order them in, might just need to stock these. :) let me know how they work for ya
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
          sweet, looks like my warehouse can order them in, might just need to stock these. :) let me know how they work for ya
          Yes, they would be a great part for you to stock Travis, for the 3.8's and 3.4's or even the 3 bolt copper exhuast flanges. Their product comes in a nice box and the gaskets are in another package shrink fitted down plastic so their not moving around, I was trying to find head gaskets but no reply yet , I think its just for the series 1 GN's.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

so anyone get them in and running them yet? If so how long you been running them?
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Yea I am waiting to see how they turn out before I order some for my header job.

Comment

My felpro's are still holding and unless I through in my upgraded spare heads I'm not going to mess with them. But they look good and when I put them around the ports on my spare heads they are perfect, even though I ported mine out too, since their shaped like the stock oval ports.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

anyone ever changed header gaskets with headers already on the car? wondering if you can just take the header bolts out and slide old gasket off then slide new gaskets in without taking the y-pipe loose. if you can do it this way, do you have any space to clean any old gasket that may be stuck on head? thanks in advance

Comment

I changed mine out and leave the headers in place, since they come out all in 1 piece, plus use copper spray on the new ones.

Comment

are copper gaskets like this a 'one use' deal? if you install and ever have to remove, you think they would still seal or not?

Comment

From looking at one in person , if removed right it should hold up very well. Its not like you can rip it off, will have to use a scraper if you use copper spray sealant to get it off or migh get lucky and it will stay on the head or header part then just need to spray and reseal the other side when installing again.

Comment

thanks, just saw some gaskets from sce for other engines and they claim they are reusable as long as they are put back on the same head.

Comment

hmm i was planning on ordering some abbott gaskets for the headers i ordered. i might go with these now. thanks

Comment

Good find Steve. Do I get the spray at the same place?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

You can get it from them or most auto part stores also carry it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X