Copper header gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper header gaskets

I just found a site that has copper header gaskets, I never new they made them. I bought a set they were about $28.00 and $35 shipped. Add some copper spray sealant to them and they should seal very well. Anyone else heard about them?http://www.scegaskets.com/Pontiac/38...-p6597720.html
    Last edited by ssms5411; 02-27-2010, 07:55 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Copper header gaskets

In general, I know that copper exhaust manifold gaskets are very good for sealing rough flanges.

I also know that SCE makes very good products.

I was not aware SCE had header gaskets for our engines, but now that I am, the next time I change exhaust gaskets, I'll use those copper units.

Comment

I have had relly good luck with 3 bolt copper flanges sealing with copper spray , so I'm going to go ahead and try them out. only thing I found that is better is V band clamps.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

bookmarked...

Comment

I was looking at them again and my spare heads sitting here and they are perfect for the heads the way they are oval shaped for the ports, can't wait until they get here ordered 2 sets, I came across them by mistake when i was searching for my copper 3 bolt 2.5" flanges so i can get my turbo project going together, surprised me at first since I have always checked for different header gaskets since high heat turbos would benefit from the copper gaskets. So I hope this helps some people out, since their the same price as the abbott gaskets and should be better.

Comment

hmmm, i think i'm sold on these...my passenger abbott gasket blew so i'll probly give these and some RVT sealant a try.
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

just ordered my set :D thanks steve!
              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

No problem, I like posting when I find new stuff thats better for our 3.8's , they have 3.4 header gaskets too. The copper spray sealant works very well , I use it on my Felpro's and exhaust flanges and they have held up very well. Just spray both sides on a hanger and let it sit for 15-30 minutes (will be tacky) depending on the temp out , then install and let sit for over night. thats what I do and works everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                  hmmm, i think i'm sold on these...my passenger abbott gasket blew so i'll probly give these and some RVT sealant a try.
                  I blew my passenger abbott gasket too, and that was with locking bolts. I might have to try this too.

This copper spray....would it be better then RVT? do you apply it to the whole gasket? or apply to the header?

Comment

I love the copper spray sealant( you can get a can at checkers or buy it online) it coats the whole gasket and its even all over when its tightened down, just spray the gasket on both sides. Its the copper spray they use for MLS head gaskets to make sure you get the best seal.

Comment

Is there a certain brand name spray we need to get or is the copper spray the same for all brands. I have some that I bought when I did a head gasket on my racing atv.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                        I blew my passenger abbott gasket too, and that was with locking bolts. I might have to try this too.

This copper spray....would it be better then RVT? do you apply it to the whole gasket? or apply to the header?
                        same here bro --- locking header bolts and all...irritating.

copper gaskets and spray ftw.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choppers View Post
                          Is there a certain brand name spray we need to get or is the copper spray the same for all brands. I have some that I bought when I did a head gasket on my racing atv.
                          The website that sells the copper gaskets has copper spray also, other places like ZZP and Checker auto sell, Copper spray-A-Gasket Hi Temp Sealant , 9 oz spray can by Permatex item # 80697 sells for around $7-$8 a can. This is what I have been using for a couple of years.

Comment

I got the copper gaskets on Sat. , they look outstanding should have no problems with leaks for along time.

Comment

same here! just got mine over the weekend --- gonna install asap.

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X