No announcement yet.

SLP Fuel Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - 95 LT1s used 24lb@43psi injectors.

Most of the injector places that I've looked into use 43psi as the rating standard for injectors, i.e., regardless of what actual pressure you're using, the injectors will be rated at, generally, 43psi, then you have to do the conversion to figure out what flow they will have at your operating pressure.

Our pressure is 48+psi, the LS1s operate a few psi higher. And, no, we can't use the LS1 fpr, they use a different pressure regulation system.

Our PCMs have a +/- 20% learning curve for long term fuel trims. I have my MAF screen removed, Whisper Lid, Holley powershot filter, stock exhaust except for a Flowmaster 80 and WS6 tailpipes, and my PCM is consistently running at 5%-8% (adding fuel). So, the PCM (for 99+ 3.8s) should be able to easily handle 24lb injectors, and I'm sure 96-98 3.8s could probably also handle them.

The rule of thumb that I have seen is a 20% increase is injector flow rate is what the PCM should generally be able to handle without reprogramming.
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

for what its worth, more info on the injecotrs here...

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...hreadid=201370

I posted them for anasazi a freind of mine since he has had injector problems.

Comment

6 LS1/LS6 injectors for $75??? Thats a great deal for everyone that wants an injector upgrade to go with their FI/Cam/N2O. Be my first upgrade of the new year!

Comment

Ok so everyone seems to be in agreement that the PSI of your respective f-body's fuel system will ultimately determine flow rate...so here's my question.

What is the pressure on a 93 3.4 fuel system, and what rate will these injectors flow at for that pressure?
          1993 Camaro 3.4L A4 many mods comin for 2004<br /><br />\"The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson, Mississippi on a Saturday night\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X