Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tom Henry RS Project Finale

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
    Do you know what size metering orifice was in the nitrous nozzle to be called a 75 shot?
    .040-in.

Comment

Re: Tom Henry RS Project Finale

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      Hib, how do you pass Calif. emission test?

With the cam, heads ported, and other mods you have would cause you to fail the sniffer.
      Ah...great question, "2.8 Bird"!

Reality is that if all emissions controls are present and working properly, the camshaft is not to radical–overlap is especially critical–and, most importantly, the calibration is right, an engine with modest modifications can pass easily, as mine does every two years. I should add that the car passes both the "standard" CA Smog Check and the "Enhanced Smog Check" required in most of the urban areas of California such as the Los Angeles area.

I can't stress enough the importance of calibration...tuning! It's easy to do cal at WOT. The hard part is the low-rpm and mid-range part throttle stuff...which involves the part of the engine operating envelope which emissions testing examines.

To get the car's calibration such that it drives nice and passes smog took hours and hours of cal work using HPTuners and a wideband O2S. And then, after we changed injector sizing, I had to redo some of it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X