bogging under heavy acceleration, loud banging? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bogging under heavy acceleration, loud banging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bogging under heavy acceleration, loud banging?

If you can get into your PCM with a scan tool, it would be insanely easier, not for codes, but to watch your vacuum and your o2 sensors. If your header gasket is leaking, causing outside air to touch your O2 sensor, then it'll think your running incredibly lean. To counter a lean, it dumps more fuel. Too much fuel causes bad idle, lack of power, bucking, etc etc.

A quick way to check this, is look at your spark plugs and check for fouling. If they are, change them and put new exhaust manifold gaskets in.

If it resumes with the problems, at least you removed that possibility from the list.

Comment

Originally posted by mestupryan View Post
      wow.. damnit i bet thats what it is. i havent tried to get my codes read since then.

back to the original problem, i havent tightened my header bolts yet, but today i was driving and my car was stumbling really bad then it just changed into a rough idle and pressing the gas pedal wouldn't rev the engine i pulled over, and waited a while and started it back up and it was ok. i just went home and parked it

wish i knew more info on the whole drive by wire setup, because im thinking thats part of my problem
      You can still read codes and access scanner data if your PCM is locked. You can not read the tune or flash a new tune.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mestupryan View Post
        nope :\

and i went a bought a TPS today, got home and realized my car is the year with drive by wire aka it has no TPS.. so that was a dead end. idk what to do now.
        if your car is a 1999 like your signature says, then you should have a tps

if you dont have a tps, are you sure its a 99?

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit127 View Post
          If you can get into your PCM with a scan tool, it would be insanely easier, not for codes, but to watch your vacuum and your o2 sensors. If your header gasket is leaking, causing outside air to touch your O2 sensor, then it'll think your running incredibly lean. To counter a lean, it dumps more fuel. Too much fuel causes bad idle, lack of power, bucking, etc etc.

A quick way to check this, is look at your spark plugs and check for fouling. If they are, change them and put new exhaust manifold gaskets in.

If it resumes with the problems, at least you removed that possibility from the list.
          ill check a spark plug then

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
          You can still read codes and access scanner data if your PCM is locked. You can not read the tune or flash a new tune.
          ah ok then... back to not knowing why it wont read :tdown:

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
          if your car is a 1999 like your signature says, then you should have a tps

if you dont have a tps, are you sure its a 99?
          I'm sure its a 99, and im pretty sure drive-by-wire started in 99 onwards, aka no TPS. my throttle body has the cover over where the TPS would have gone.
          1999 v6 Camaro M5
          Automatic to Manual converted
          Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
          !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X