bogging under heavy acceleration, loud banging? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bogging under heavy acceleration, loud banging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bogging under heavy acceleration, loud banging?

been having a problem lately when i try to accelerate at anything more than a cruising speed. engine idle seems to be off to. if i press the gas pedal too hard the engine starts bogging and if i keep doing it ill eventually hear a loud banging like a part just fell out the bottom of my engine bay. ive had this same problem before, and it was because my intake wasnt on all the way, and was partially blocking the throttle body.

any help or ideas appreciated
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Re: bogging under heavy acceleration, loud banging?

clogged cat, and backfiring?

thats my guess

Comment

i have no cats. lol
      1999 v6 Camaro M5
      Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
      !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

thinking it could be loose header bolts. i tightened them a couple days after installing and havent touched them since ( couple months). i would think the exhaust leak from that wouldn't cause this big of a problem though..
        1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Have you replaced the fuel filter?
          sigpic

Comment

its been about a year
            1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Check your entire exhaust system...if it is the headers...then you will be needing new gaskets

Comment

Tranny mount......
                SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Start with basics such as fuel filter, spark plugs etc. Could be misfiring. Or it can be the solenoid on the tranny to pass someone up. I forgot what it's called though??? Similar thing happend to my car awhile back but it was just the IAT sensor unplugged...lol sad

Comment

Originally posted by FuryCharger View Post
                    Tranny mount......
                    This is also my guess for the loud banging sound.
                    sigpic

Comment

i did some detective work and found that the noise sounds very similiar to our throttle body blade closing you shut the car off. ive looked at other threads and saw about the defective throttle position sensor - what do you guys think?

tranny mount seems legit for the noise, but i checked it yesterday and seems fine. also this effects my exhaust tone as well. i dont think a loose tranny mount would do that.

some other info - the car idles roughly.. it stumbles when letting off the clutch from a stop, and when pressing the gas in all gears except 1st. it doesnt stumble when revving in neutral.

im putting alot of eggs into this TPS basket. i thought about it being some kind of routine maintenance thing, but i dont see my car acting up this badly all of a sudden from that. a defective sensor on the other hand would be an instant problem.
                      1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Originally posted by Chueybaca View Post
                        Start with basics such as fuel filter, spark plugs etc. Could be misfiring. Or it can be the solenoid on the tranny to pass someone up. I forgot what it's called though??? Similar thing happend to my car awhile back but it was just the IAT sensor unplugged...lol sad
                        my IAT sensor has been unplugged for at least 2 years :poke: i lost the rubber grommet that holds it in when i first installed my K&N intake
                        1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

ooh looked up defective TPS symptoms and found:
                          Symptoms of a Defective Throttle Position Sensor
                          Following is a list of symptoms, either of or a combination of which, a car driver may experience because of a defective throttle position sensor:

* Bucking and jerking of the car
                          * Idle surging
                          * Sudden stalling of the car engine
                          * Hesitation while the driver of the car is trying to accelerate
                          * Sudden surge in car's speed while driving on the highway

sounds very similar to my problem. ill let you guys know
                          1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Jeez....all I see is people throwing out random guesses.

Get the car scanned, or did it not pop codes?
                            1995 Pontiac Firebird
                            2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                              Jeez....all I see is people throwing out random guesses.

Get the car scanned, or did it not pop codes?
                              yeah random guesses are no good. thats why i try to use some logic to try to solve the problem.

and it constantly throws a code because of my unplugged IAT sensor so i wouldnt know. i thought i saw some other kind of light come on the other day right before this started but i coudlnt read what it was because my white faced guages covered it up.

im going to get scanned tomorrow
                              1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X