Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build

So, I guess I should update everyone here on what's going on with my Camaro. I decided I wanted to make it go PSHT when I shift, so here goes nothing!

Goals for the build, I would LIKE to see 500whp when it's turned up, but that's not necessary... I just want it faster and reliable, and it should be because is definitely isn't cheap.

Specs so far will be,
    - L26 from an 08 grand Prix, 18k miles.
    -Stattama St5 cam with 875 lifters, 130# springs, double roller, 80# injectors.
    -Turbo system will be hand-made by me and probably look horrible due to my amateur at best welding.
    -GT35R, Tial wastegate, Synapse blow off, with all supporting whatnot.

I'll be updating pretty soon here, and possibly doing some out-loud troubleshooting since this is my first motor and turbo build... any hints from the more experienced guys would be much appreciated.

Re: Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build

I have a SC and not a Turbo, but still interested in what you're going to do. So what do you have so far?

JMS why not build the turbo first on your existing NA motor and run it at 6-8psi which would still be safe on a soft tune.

Then start building around it.

This way you'll have an idea as to how far you want to take your car.

Comment

I've got diddly so far... lol. Its all on the table still. I'm waiting for a reply from Stattama right now, to make sure I can run that cam without any head modifications besides springs etc. And I didn't want to boost the stock motor so I could keep it as a backup. Afterall, it is my daily car..

Comment

Meemperor is selling a Cartuning Turbo Set Up. That would be a good one to hit up.

Comment

I'm doing 85% of my build for that price... got the skill and know how, I'll do it. Those are some very well made kits though..

Comment

Woo! Ordered St5 cam, 140# springs, mod titanium retainers, OER 875 hydraulic roller lifters, 7.05" ZZP pushrods, oil lines, wideband o2, boost gauge, valve cover breather, 80# injectors, Oil pump and volume kit, EGR blockoffs, 180deg. t-stat, and turbo flanges today. Should be getting the GT35R, Synapse wastegate& bov, an all flanges for those, over the next few weeks. This is actually happening guys!

Comment

Awesome! I'm excited to see this come along and you haven't even started fab work. Lemme know how the oil pump kit is, wouldn't mind upgrading that.

Comment

I've actually got the exact same kit on my car now. I like it so much I'll be doing the same thing with my turbo motor. Its a really great upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                  I've actually got the exact same kit on my car now. I like it so much I'll be doing the same thing with my turbo motor. Its a really great upgrade.
                  just rember at elevation u can run more boost then normal

im in utah @ 6,500 ft so my first 3-4 psi bring me back to sealevel and then everything after that is positive presure

Comment

New motor is here! Valve cover got damaged by a wreck, but underneath it is perfect.

Thing is insanely clean, and has 11k on it, donor car was a total'd 2008 Grand Prix. Now just waiting on my shipment from ZZP, and it can get serious!

Comment

Got a majority of it ripped apart, down to the cam now. Waiting on parts, and forgot torx to do the cam plate, so I'm on standby til Wednesday for parts. Got both forward facing manifolds on, and bolted up. I've got a guy to help me with welding so it doesn't look awful..

Comment

where are the pics?

Comment

Of whatttt? I can get some of whatever ya wanna see.

Comment

The progress

Comment

A ripped apart motor? Uhh.. okay, I'll get those when I get back to where it is.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X