Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build

Got the new headers on, and collectors welded up to them. All I need is a few chunks of pipe, and some v-bands to finish the hot side.

Last edited by Docta; 08-05-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

So i guess your going to do something like this?

Comment

Very similar... how'd you work around the heater hoses?

Comment

I got these things off a regal I think. I rewelded the bracket to be able to bolt it down. That pic is just the mock up

Comment

I was thinking just try to wrap 'em and get the headers painted/wrapped up real good.

Comment

kinda scary mocking it up outside the car :/ i did that, and had to redo some stuff.

Comment

True. I had trouble mounting my passenger side header because it would hit the hvac box :/
                You might want to start taking measurements inside you engine bay. Also make sure to wrap all the exhaust stuff or else you'll experience a lot of heat under the hood

Comment

According to my measurements, I'm good... and it'll all be ceramic painted and heat wrapped to hell.

Comment

When you guys put in rebuilt motors (cam etc) what's your break in? What oil? And is it easier to pull the motor with harness, or leave harness in the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                      When you guys put in rebuilt motors (cam etc) what's your break in? What oil? And is it easier to pull the motor with harness, or leave harness in the car?
                      Royal purple has a break-in oil. There might be other brands also. Otherwise a non-synthetic 5w30 will work. I'd just drive it normal without beating on it for a few hundred miles and then change the oil again for a full synthetic. If your dropping the engine out the bottom leave the harness on the engine. Then re-install the harness on the engine before putting it in the car. I've never pulled a 3800 from the top so I'm not sure about the harness in that scenario.

Comment

I just realized your not going into the bottom end of the engine. In that case I wouldn't worry too much about break-in. Just make a couple easy pulls and you should be ready to go. An early oil change wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Comment

Well as far as I know, I'm pulling from the top, leaving the harness in. Break in will follow the COMP recommended 2000-2500 for 20-25.

Day after tomorrow. And not the terrible movie.

Comment

Be sure to post some pics as you go at it.

Comment

Well that's probably not going to happen. Lol. Its out, new one all with new accessories on it, and ready to go in tomorrow. Only mishap was a bull**** ****ing chain, 1250lb work load that snapped and dropped my new motor 5 ft as I was trying to put it in! Shattered the oil filter adapter, and broke an engine mount. I'll grab pictures of those... all good now, nothing else damaged. Getting a new mount tomorrow.

Comment

NEW MOTOR IS IN AND RUNNING! Video uploading currently!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X