Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build

Damn that's pretty low rpm... I was expecting 10-12 at 4k. But I'm getting a Synapse wastegate, and its adjustable outta the box without changing springs so that'll be nice.

Comment

Turbo is here... :D

Comment

Alright, hooked up the boost gauge, has good vacuum, good power and ground but somehow reads 8inhg with the car off? 24-28 at idle, and drops to 6-8 at wot. Could it simply be elevation?

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
          Alright, hooked up the boost gauge, has good vacuum, good power and ground but somehow reads 8inhg with the car off? 24-28 at idle, and drops to 6-8 at wot. Could it simply be elevation?
          You got it running?

Comment

I got the gauge running, albeit incorrectly for some reason. >.> Motor is complete, just need to swap the intakes and oil pan over when I pull my stock motor. Tear down begins August 17, hoping to be done the 24th.

Comment

I think your gauge is fine. ideally a n/a car would want run at 0 vacuum at wot.

Comment

It says I have 8inches of vacuum with the car off, I also don't have 28" at idle like it seems to think I do. I'm starting to think the thinner air is messing with it.

Comment

It should have 18-22 vaccum while at idle.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

But it should zero out when the sensor isn't even in the lines... or the car's off.

Comment

Sounds like your gauge has a check valve, haha. Yeah, that should be 0 with the car off. I read a tiny bit about gauges at altitude and it does affect them. Mechanical ones are better than electronic gauges way up there. Assuming yours is mechanical, do you have some kind of adjustment knob or anything you can do to your gauge to zero it out?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Mines electronic. Might end up switching to a mechanical in the long run..

Comment

Yeah, I've got a tiny vacuum line running into my cabin then the power wires for the back light running from a switch. It's not a pain. The only thing I wouldn't do is run a mechanical fuel pressure gauge in there. Some people do that.. The gauge pillar I bought used had a mechanical fuel pressure gauge ran to it. Being in a wreck would be bad enough, then to add the chance of having fuel dumped all over you doesn't sound fun, especially if it get's ignited.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Alright this is bothering me. Rocker arm bolts, do you follow OEM torque spec of 11+90° or do I follow what compcams sent me? I've never seen hydraulic lifters tightened like comp says...

Comment

Bah, I think I did OEM following a haynes manual. What does comp say?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Comp says to do them like old flat tappet lifters... TDC and do some, turn and do the others.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X