L67 F-bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L67 F-bird

I am using the stock GTP MAP sensor. I am pretty sure it is a 2 BAR at least. I know I need to burn the PCM with the 2 BAR MAP too along with a tune for the higher flow injectors.

I used the really thick agriculture sprayer hose connectors so they shouldnt leak. Ill have to keep the metal ones in find if they do.

Thanks for the fuel pump idea, do the V6 ones not flow enough or is the pressure lower than the V8 ones? Id probably go straight to a Walbro 255. Look like they are about $80 or so. Probably hot wire the pump as well.

Comment

Looks great, congrats.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

v6 ones dont have enough volume but most replacement pumps are v8 pumps. im running stock gtp injectors and fuel pressure regulator. by useing the map i suggest u wont have to cut ur original map pig tail to adapt the gtp one.

Comment

Yeah i already cut the harness for the GTP map but thanks anyways.

This weekend I almost had it driveable but failed to get brake parts. Fixed the streched out upper rad hose, got the cat back in and it quieted it down a lot. Still leaks a bit but for now its OK untill I get a 3" system. Messed with brake lines for a few hours and discovered you can buy 8 different types of lines. Got mad at GM for not using the same end on the ABS box as the rest of the system, moved the power steering resovior, bolted on the swaybars with new end links, stared at rust in the floors, and other stuff too.

Just needs an adaptor to go from the normal brake line size to watever GM put on for the front left brake. Needs a power steering resovior hose and then Im ready to drive!

Then comes an air filter and to get the PCM tuned for a 2 BAR map and the bigger injectors. Then the tires will be burned.

Comment

sounds good, but man u can use the stock brake lines just bend that sucker back into place or go to a junk yard and pull the one u need. i used the stock power steering lines and tie wrapped the reservoir to the brake lines on the abs unit. for exhaust i recommend 00 and up f body manifolds or headers. for 00 and up manifolds u will need to change ur ac line from the compressor to 00 and up and change the fittings to match the condenser and evaporator. for now im running stock y87 exhaust but yes im looking forward to stock ls1 exhaust

Comment

Finished up random stuff today and took it for a drive. Somehow my front pass side lugnuts loosened up but I heard it before the wheel fell off! They were tight, but aparently werent. Hood is on too.

It runs a little rough. Idles good but has a dead spot when you stomp on it and doesnt pull that hard. Really needs to get the 2 BAR MAP in and the bigger injector tune as I am assuming that is what is causing it to run wierd.

But otherwise it will cruise at 60 MPH great. Everything works except the radio and the odometer which is just a blank screen.

Comment

Do you have a wideband? If not, you'd better get one. Under $300 spent is the best insurance vs. not having one and popping a fresh build.

Comment

yeah its the tune, drive it without the belt and it will be fine until u get it tuned. i recommend wide band and to always make sure u don't have a check engine code.

Comment

Yeah I have a check engine light on now. Both my knock sensors are junk and they are not hooked up. So thats probably one for sure.

I am looking at getting a scanmaster for it. The GN guys love them and Ive hung around on the GN sites long enough to see that people like them.

Was going to get a mail order tune but Im rethinking that now.

Comment

no mail order tuners wanted to really work with me. i been running scan gauge II on my car to monitor rod knock and engine codes. i got mine based tuned in a shop.

Comment

Yeah that makes complete sense. I almost want to hold of getting it tuned until I get my exhaust finished up. Im so far off from a stock GTP with the giant plenum volume I am afraid the tune will show up poor and I woulda just wasted $80 or whatever it is.

Comment

Found a guy locally that i hope can tune the car. Problem is by the time I pay him the $100 to unlock it, $100 for the 2 BAR MAP to get put in, and pay him the $50 of his time im half way to owning hp tuners. So i might just bite the bullet and buy hp tuners. Which I dont know how to use. Hmm, decisions

Comment

i got mine base tuned for 200 bucks. pretty much a stock 97 gtp tune with advance timing and f body bs. im runing a solid 12.0 in wot and 14.7 driving normal. the guy is a great tuner and writes books how to use software for tuning. try calling multiple shops to see who can do what.

Comment

I'm curious how you're going to get a 2 bar map to work since our
                              pcms do not recognize above a 1 bar.

Comment

97 grand prix gtps use the same pcms as 97 camaros. just diffrent tunes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X