L67 F-bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L67 F-bird

I should ask the local track owner if he checks that stuff. I know the rubber stuff isnt proper but its not next to any belts or exhaust heat so its safe and out of the way. It isnt 10 years old either. Im probably going to pull the motor next spring again anyways so Ill bend up some steel lines then.

The wiring is the stock L36 fbody harness that I lengthened some stuff on. The EGR plug, coil pack wiring, MAP sensor, canister switch and purge valve all had to be lenthened. Stock L36 PCM also. I will be getting the PCM burned with a L67 tune after I get it running.

Comment

What are you doing for the supercharger belt setup?

Comment

Originally posted by 96blackmaro View Post
        What are you doing for the supercharger belt setup?
        Just use a gerbil on the wheel;)

A longer belt and a little re-routing should do it.

Comment

Cool, it got stickied.

I had to remove the lower idler pulley, next to the tentioner as it hit the power steering pump. I loose a small bit of wrap on the supercharger but its very small. I was arguing weather or not I needed it but when I get it running I will see if theres any belt slip or not. I need a 1610MM belt but they only make it in 1600 and 1620, I hope a 1620 isnt too long.

Stuck the rad in, hooked up some lines and broke the fuel return hose. Grrrr. Went to hook it up to the return port and it snapped right off. Is it possible to put the steel coupler back in that nylon line? Only lost an inch or so.

Comment

So I fixed my fuel lines today and pressure checked my fuel system. I have a tiny leak out of the schredor valve though so ive either got to put a new one in or check if its actually tight.

Got the radiator hoses hooked up, PCM is in, hoses are all hooked up, wiring is good, ect. Just needs spark plug wires, oil, trans fluid and put the knock sensors in. Both mine looked bad so I pulled em out but I forgot they were into water jakets. Doh. Hopefully the sparkplug wires show up tommorrow. Might be runnin Friday. :)

Comment

This should have been an option direct from GM.

But no if you wanted performance you had to buy a V8.

Comment

pm sent to you gutless
                1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
                  This should have been an option direct from GM.

But no if you wanted performance you had to buy a V8.

If you go to my personal site you can see and read about the GM prototype that was built years ago.
                  Last edited by FirebirdGT; 08-18-2011, 06:52 PM.
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Well I worked for like 3 hours tonight with the intention of trying to get it to start. I stuck the knock sensors back in so it wouldnt leak cooland and had to plug a hole in the block that I forgot to put a plug in. Filled it up with water and didnt see any catastrophic leaks so I build my plug wires. Then I was like YEAH! I can start it with just a splash of oil. Funnel was MIA so a water bottle lost its life. Wasnt expecting it to start but I let the pump build some fuel pressure and turned the key and it immediately started. Either I got lucky or my experience is showing. :banana:

As you can see, its DARK!

Little video. Click on the picture to watch. No cat means its LOUD! Plus it was dark, 9:45 at night, idles at 2500 RPM, and I didnt want to wake the neighborhood. So I didnt run it like I wanted to. But at least it runs. How it started first time out is beyond me.

Comment

nice, im running an L32 in my 97 RS, lmk if u have any questions

Comment

still kept ac, heater, power steering, and even evap.

Comment

Originally posted by 97RSSM90 View Post

still kept ac, heater, power steering, and even evap.
                          You should start your own thread. I would like to hear how you did yours. So far those who did this, did it differently. Perhaps there's a single and universal way of installing this and tuning it.

Comment

An M112 out the drivers side! Or is that a Supercoupe M90? Wow, I thought going out the drivers side was almost impossible. Did you have to cut a chunk out of the firewall? I wanted to go out the driver side bit after seeing how much stuff I had to clear (T stat, firewall, BBV, brake booster ect)

I applaud you sir!

Comment

still m90, just a more efficient one my motor from an 06 grand prix, i had the balls to throw it there with the fwd aluminum oil pan and all. i do not really recomend this swap to people. since its not really an easy swap to do and to do some maintenance almost requires for u to drop the k member and remove the blower. its been real reliable after about a month of dailying. been running it for about 8 months now. lmk if u run into any trouble with the harness and remember to make sure u upgrade to a 2 bar map.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-2-...item3cba7b7ccd

ur gona need that map sensor make sure its an ac delco 2 bar one and a tune, if ur driving the car to get tuned just run it without the blower belt and when u get to the shop install the belt. if u still have an original v6 pump and never installed an aftermarket fuel pump or a v8 pump do it now to save some time while tuning. i went with a walbro. for the radiator hose connection use a metal pipe those plastic ones leak over time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X