Anybody on here have a stroked 4.2?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody on here have a stroked 4.2??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Anybody on here have a stroked 4.2??

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
    I don't know Andrew, his responses are pretty well informing.LOL And alot of laughs and entertaining, I was waiting for a flux capacitor to be mentioned in there somewhere in his posts, well maybe in the future.LOL On a serious note how are those TR8's working out for ya? Is that for high boosted cars? If I run a max of 10-15lbs of boost will the TR6's be fine? This is with a GT35R T3 with .63 A/R and 3" downpipe.
    experiment. I would rather foul a plug then roast something....

also the non-projected tip seems to help also.

we put TR7 in shodowns car and the little bit of KR we could never get rid of (like 1* here and there) went away, was also able to run 2-3* more timing without KR (12psi + spray)

the PN for NGK is 3346
    Last edited by Turbo V6 Camaro; 04-12-2009, 03:32 AM.
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Would that still be good if I run my KR sensors reduced at 40%, with resistors, they still pick up KR, so I know they work and I will be running a trunk mount methanol injection kit with a variable controller with boost juice 49% meth/51 water for the AZ heat? Thanks for the part # , I'll run the TR6's and see how they run and then switch to the TR7's and see if there is a difference.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

the plugs are cheap, worse case if you go to cold they will foul out..... they may take time to foul out also, as in they just wont last as long... me i check the plugs before any track vist and always have 2 spares
        www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

You have any problems with coolant temps running with your turbo? I'm debating if I should install a 3 core 2" thick radiator I bought, it will take some modifying with the fans and condensor but not too much, but if it will help my temps I'll do it before the turbo goes on.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You have any problems with coolant temps running with your turbo? I'm debating if I should install a 3 core 2" thick radiator I bought, it will take some modifying with the fans and condensor but not too much, but if it will help my temps I'll do it before the turbo goes on.
            nope, i run 180* thermo, my fans come on at 175 low speed, high speed on at 185. they runs for 2-3 minutes after i turn the car off. (help cool coolant in the rad/tranny cooler and cool off the turbo, that why when i start it get nice cool fluid to help pull the heat out of the motor)

i run strait water with purple ice additive
            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

I might hold off then and see what my temps run in the 115 degree heat this summer. Less work for me. Thanks

Comment

I might hold off then and see what my temps run in the 115 degree heat this summer. Less work for me. Thanks
                just run straight water it cools better then coolent
                www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

I might try that, thats why you use the RP ice for oiling the water pump etc.? Since I have the bigger radiator I might just use it and get rid of my tranny cooler since the radiator excepts tranny lines and I think it has more fluid capicity then my B&M super cooler. Also give me more room up front. I have a stock converter so the temps shouldn't be too bad.

Comment

I might try that, thats why you use the RP ice for oiling the water pump etc.? Since I have the bigger radiator I might just use it and get rid of my tranny cooler since the radiator excepts tranny lines and I think it has more fluid capicity then my B&M super cooler. Also give me more room up front. I have a stock converter so the temps shouldn't be too bad.
                    yeah the PR lube the WP but it also drops temps and extracts more heat from the motor

redline water wetter does the same thing
                    Last edited by Turbo V6 Camaro; 04-12-2009, 05:37 AM.
                    www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

I'm going to see how this A/C hose comes out and I plan on taking out my stock coolant resivor and puting in my 1 qt alm. one , I have a Dyna batt. up front so there is more room and taking out the stock res. will drop my batt. down about a inch or so so I can mount it straight up instead of at a angle because of the connectors. A guy on LS1.com sells ALM. batt mounting brackets that attach to the front metal part of the car and goes to the stock mounting hole for the batt. like a L bracket,$15 shipped painted black. Worked well for the batt. hold down with some foam. I'm just trying to lighten the front end as much as possible.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X