No announcement yet.

need more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do have 3.08 gears...going to 3.42 will be quite notable. quick.

If you do not have positraction...LSD, then moving to LSD will be notable.

I have not changed rear end or diff on my rig as it came stock with the 3.42 and plan on keeping it. There is great info out there concerning rear diff swapping if you get specific about researching that topic.

I did not choose to swap cam in this rig either...so am not the best to give specific guidance...but the most important thing to consider about valvetrain is whether or not you plan on ultimate N/A set up or ultimatly a Forced Induction setup. NOS is always something to consider for either direction...but will work for both with the proper NOS setup, etc.

Cam/valvetrain is very labor intensive and advanced but cost effective if you do the work yourself.
    If Super charger kits were more affordable I would definatly push them more. A good valvetrain upgrade can be much more affordable and yield substantial power gains. Once you make some basic decisions for your next major step you will find tons of specific info and guidance here.

When you do take down that 'stang...you gotta let us know about it. :D
    01 Firebird A4 3.42
    Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
    and other mods
    Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

yeah like they said, u gotta decide if ur gonna no FI or n/a, once u figure that out, im sure everyone can tell you exactly which direction to go

it looks like u have nitrous already, so i would stick with that, maybe go a higher shot, and upgrade cam
      *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Comment

The comp 210/220 .512/.512 on a 115LS has proven to run good NA and even better on the spray.
        <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X