No announcement yet.

need more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you are doing the gears do the diff while your in there. it will help you hook up better with both getting power.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

what is the cost to do both? and how to install?
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

can someone tell me the matching differential to these gears http://www.lmperformance.com/2658/13.html or to 3.73 gears and differential for a 2001 camaro 3.8 v6 5 speed?
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Search the driveline forum. Your question is simple.
          <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

http://www.lonestarsix.com/forum19/687.html
            Need two more people to make it happen! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
            <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

hey, hows that group cam rate going? I got a 3.4 that im plannin on puttin a cam in shortly... anything in the way of a custom grind? can ya post some specs of whats availible? would the price go up for a custom grind? thanks for the info...
              Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181:
                hey, hows that group cam rate going? I got a 3.4 that im plannin on puttin a cam in shortly... anything in the way of a custom grind? can ya post some specs of whats availible? would the price go up for a custom grind? thanks for the info...
                A custom grind would cost the same price. There are so many grinds available that I couldn't possible list all of them. Most of the people are coming up with their own specs. A couple shelf cams from Comp are a 206/206 with .425/.425 lift and the biggest listed cam is a 212/212 .440/.440. I dont have any good specs for a custom grind right now because we havent worked on a 3.4 yet, you might be able to find some specs from someone on here who has more experience with them.
                <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

2 more people need to do this. I want to put a new cam in my car in a couple weeks.
                  Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

kristen......to answer ur question for those gears you will need a series 3 carrier, currently you have a seriers 2.....any of these differentials will work http://www.lmperformance.com/c/2/13.html

on another note, lmperformance doesnt have to be your only option, i looked around a lot on gears and found the cheapest prices, you can call summit racing up and they will price match anyone....if u need any help catch me on aol msn or yahoo messenger, ill be happy to help
                    *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Comment

Originally posted by 916Topherv6:
                      kristen......to answer ur question for those gears you will need a series 3 carrier, currently you have a seriers 2.....
                      No, he's got an M5 so he has a 3-series now. ;)

However, he will want to get an LSD though.
                      Matt
                      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by WickEdSix9838:
                        DUDE! Am I reading those prices correctly?

I don't plan on a N/A cam swap...obviously...BUT WOW!?!?!?!

I think the pressure is on for kristen to decide N/A forever or F/I. Can't do both will certain major mods such as caw swapps.
                        01 Firebird A4 3.42
                        Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                        and other mods
                        Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Kristen, What gear ratio do you have currently?
                          If you don't know you can check your door codes...then look up those codes in this sites tech database.

Um you have a M5 tranny. I believe the shortest gearing available with the m5 from the factory 3.23...? gang?

The M5 is a 4 speed with overdrive. Think of it as a 4 speed, though.

It sounds like you know how to drive...built car, chasing 'stangs, NOS, etc. But, moving up to real short gears like 3.73 from maybe your stock gears of 3.23 or even 3.08...may be a big step in the drive train department.

I am considering the earlier posts in this thread concering more NOS and safety...not over reving, not hitting limiter, not missing shift etc. IMHO a 3.73 gear is sorta a big deal. Your speedo will not work anymore...not calibrated...special PCM tuneing required to calibrate...well, for that matter...have to recalibrate with any diff swap...but 3.73 is sorta..um aftermarket gears. Custom Speedo calibration required.

Maybe some of the M5 / 3.73 gear drivers/owners can give some direct feedback on this topic...? you know, basic drivability, 3.73 with NOS, speedo calibration, etc. ? Gang?

I just think going beyond 3.42 diff should have a bit more consideration of all related factors as opposed to a more, um conventional gearing such as 3.23 or 3.42.

Definatly as above posts stated...LSD is a nice upgrade for getting more rubber to bite and launch better.

I think the shortest gears that 99 ford offers stock is 3.23. pretty sure they didn't have a 3.42 option..maybe not even LSD option?
                          01 Firebird A4 3.42
                          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                          and other mods
                          Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

i have just decided to get the 3.42 gears. now i think that i have 3.08 gears on there now. should i feel the difference from a 3.08 to a 3.42? and also since i'm only going to the 3.42 do i need a 3 series differential?
                            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WickEdSix9838:
                              DUDE! Am I reading those prices correctly?

I don't plan on a N/A cam swap...obviously...BUT WOW!?!?!?!

I think the pressure is on for kristen to decide N/A forever or F/I. Can't do both will certain major mods such as caw swapps.
                              </font>[/QUOTE]The prices are correct. She could go with a FI cam and still make more power NA but when she does the FI, the cam will really shine.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
                                now i think that i have 3.08 gears on there now.
                                You've got 3.23s. All 5 speeds came with 3.23s.

Personally, I'm going with 3.73s. 3.42 isn't much of a difference, but maybe with Nitrous you don't want as much gear...I don't know. Check in the Nitrous forum to see what kind of gears those guys run.
                                Matt
                                1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                                Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  4 days ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X